Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: BV or thrush?  (Read 1290 times)

Jeepers

BV or thrush?
« on: October 16, 2020, 08:16:09 AM »

Hi all

so, I have developed a discharge, and am not sure what it is.  It has an odour  (sorry), but I would not call it fishy, more sort of musty, like washing that's not been dried and gone a bit rancid ( :o), its watery but with some whiteness too.  A bit of itching, but not really bad like it has been with thrush on other occasions.

I've started using some MultiGyn actigel, but should I get some fluconazole as well?

Jeepers xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: BV or thrush?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 08:31:19 AM »

I would stop the MultiGyn for 5 days to see if that discharge goes away.  What goes up has to come down or be absorbed so if the vagina is too damp, there will be leakage.  BV is often difficult to diagnose when there's no odour. 

The vagina cleanses itself naturally.  It doesn't need stuff other than to keep it moist and supple as oestrogen levels drop off - vaginal atrophy. 

I wouldn't add anything into a tender fragile area - stop the MultiGyn first? 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:37:18 AM by CLKD »

Jeepers

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 08:40:04 AM »

Why woul it go away if I didn't do anything? I've had the discharge for a few weeks, and only started the gel a couple of nights ago. The instructions say to use for 5 days

Jeepers xx

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 09:00:52 AM »

Hi Jeepers,

I had BV about two years ago, I remember constant itching but I just started vaginal atrophy treatment too. A strong smell when I would go to the toilet.

And this next bit is too much information so sorry.

When I looked at my vagina it had a grey/white stuff on my lips. And it’s was hard to wipe off, very sticky. I had to get a wet cloth and give it a good wipe to remove and then it was back in a couple of days.

I was treated with a cream which I inserted at night and tablets. When I went to buy my medicine no one had the cream I went to 15 chemist. My doctor told me just do the tablets. It didn’t work but two weeks later I got my hands on the cream. Take another lot off tablets as well as the cream, been fine ever since. I wish I could say the same with vaginal atrophy  :(

Could you get to see a doctor if you needed to? I know coronavirus is getting really bad over there.
And how are you finding the MutiGyn Jeepers? I found the pain of using it really bad and threw my in the bin. I hope it works for you. I know here in Australia you can get medication of the shelf at the chemist for BV. I’m not sure if’s it is any good, as I have never used it or know anyone who has.

Good luck Jeepers let us know how you get on.

💜 Lyncola

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 09:34:36 AM »

Sorry I thought that the discharge was since you began MultiGyn  :-\ .......

I doubt whether MultiGyn would 'cure' BV which is a bacterial infection.  It needs to be diagnosed by a GP or Practice Nurse.  I think a swab would be taken and sent to a Lab., fortunately not been 1 of my problems  ::)

Let us know how you get on?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:37:08 AM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 12:39:50 PM »

You could get 2 doses of fluconazole and treat a week apart. It won't do harm if you haven't got it and might cure it. It seems to be possible to get it as a more low level chronic infection. I had it in my 30s and only had discomfort for 4-5 days before a period, bit of discharge but nothing like the intense itching you expect. Cured by the above treatment on the advice of my gp.

mandss

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 12:35:08 PM »

I suffered from thrush for the best part of 6 months. Was diagnosed with Vaginal atrophy and put on a oestrogen vaginal cream to use for 2 weeks then twice weekly. It has really made a bit difference. I still get the occasional itch type feeling but overall things have improved. Have gone 2 months without thrush.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »

:welcomemm:  mandss ........  :thankyou: