Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy and D&C all done  (Read 1474 times)

C.C.

Hysteroscopy and D&C all done
« on: October 15, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »

Just wanted to post an update on the surgery I had yesterday. It went well, and ended up having a few polyps removed as well as the endometrial lining. 
I spent almost 2 and a half hours basically just waiting and talking with the nurses and getting prepped (taking vitals and having an IV put in).  I spoke briefly with my gynecologist and he said depending on the nature of the tissue he removes will determine what happens next and eventually treating the VA.  If it's hormonal he will have to look at non-hormonal options for that.
I actually went to the OR half an hour earlier than scheduled.  The procedure took about 10 minutes and I woke up half an hour after, recovered in the OR for a bit and ended up in post-op for another hour. 
I'm feeling ok today but tired as I didn't sleep all that well, oddly enough.  There is very little bleeding (as opposed to right after surgery), and no cramping (which is good). I'm home today to recover and back to work tomorrow.  Follow up in 6 weeks time.

Admin- posted in wrong forum, could you please move to "all things menopause"?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:04:20 PM by C.C. »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Hysteroscopy and D&C all done
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:21:39 PM »

Good to hear CC.  :foryou:
Just take it easy for a couple of days. xx

C.C.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 12:26:22 PM »

Thanks jillydoll!  Tried to go back to work yesterday but they sent me home lol.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 12:51:14 PM »

So they ought, what were you thinking  :D

As for vaginal atrophy, have you read the threads here?   :foryou:  I wonder what 'non hormonal' actually means, it's due to a lack of oestrogen so nothing will replace it. 

C.C.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »

My doctor said something about laser or radio wave treatments? I may have more estrogen than I should, hence the polyps so I suppose he doesn't think treating me with more would be beneficial (family history of breast cancer). I won't talk to him about it til our phone appointment next month.

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 07:28:12 PM »

That has always puzzled me too

<smiles enigmatically>  :)