Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT advice  (Read 964 times)

bluebird68

HRT advice
« on: October 15, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »

Hello Ladies, thank goodness for this forum. So my symptons are low motivation, poor sleep quaility and wake up with muscle fatigue in hands, low energy, low mood,groggy, peeing too much, digestive issues, slient reflux, bloating, etc, list is endless and going on for years, nothing found to date, isnt that great but still feel awful every day, its a struggle.Think im no post meno. anyway please may I ask you for some advice or share your experience in what you found.   evorel contil gives me headaches, nausea and I felt good to begin with and then it turned to aggitatationso stopped after two weeks due to taking them.  should I have ignored those symptons and carried on, would the symptons have subsided if i only got through the headaches and aggitated feelings, people say about the type of progeterone? My gp has since prescribed progeterone pills and estrogen gel although not started them yet as thinking perhaps I should look at mirena coil and the estrogen gel instead as scared to take progesterone tablets due to my family history of thrombosis although I dont have any known blood issues.  when i saw gyno over uterus polyps they did suggest the mirena coil but I never went ahead with the coil as it was sprung on me during a polyp removal and was all overwhelmed.  ladies any suggestions?   I am thinking coil and gel do we know if femseven is ever coming back as I believe the pogesterone is different?  wondered if I should hang.  thanks all.  Helen

Julia Dizzy

Re: HRT advice
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »

Hi bluebird68, Dr Louise Newson has very helpful info on her menopause doctor website about choices and different methods. I too have been on gel and utrogestan orally for last 12 months at age 64. I changed gel to estradot patches as find it more convenient, but am waiting for Femseven to come back in production.
Theramex who manufacture them have said they will be out in quarter 4 this year which we are now in, so I'm hoping they get their fingers out and hurry up!
I want to go completely transdermal and see if it helps more, as I seem to get bad stomach aches and wind with the current regime, unless its just something else lol. :-\

bluebird68

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »

Hi Julia, thanks so much for replying.  I will check out the dr newson website. I was hoping to try femseven as I have read that the progesteron is better tolerated so if its due back soon then might be worth holding on.  I wonder how we can find out as Id prefer to keep on patches due to the less risk thing.  hopefully someone will have some news on femseven.  I had tried evorels a couple of times in the past and it starts well but seems after a couple of weeks the side effects unpleasant.  hope we both find the right help.thanks again.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 04:51:45 PM »

Hi again, yes I would like to think maybe a different progesterone may help, but in light of not being able to go to my local Menopause clinic to discuss options, I've had to stick with Utrogestan. My GP wont change anything without the say-so of the consultant! (I tried it vaginally like a lot of ladies do but found it a bit messy... ???)
I have emailed direct to Theramex today to ask them when the FemSeven will be released as it is now quarter 4 like they advised previously. I haven't had it before, but when I first went to see consultant 12 months ago, he wanted to put me on it but couldn't as was not available then of course.
I have read a lot of comments on here about side effects of Evorel and good things about FemSeven, but I guess it's always swings and roundabouts as we are all different!
It would seem there are a lot of us out here struggling to get the balance right and find the best HRT regime, what a palaver! ::)
Hope you manage to find the best one for you eventually? xx

Paz23

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 07:44:10 PM »

I’m sorry if this is irrelevant but find it difficult to read long answers due to dyslexia.
I have a Mirena coil fitted and I’ve had one for about 7 years now. They have given me no trouble at all. Having the first one fitted was a doddle, haven’t it removed and another fitted straight away was much less so, to the point where I swore never again. However - I’ve since started oestrogel (2 pumps) for peri menopause symptoms which I can alter the fuse if I feel I need to. The Mirena takes care of the progesterone which is much less likely to give side effects because the hormones don’t enter your blood stream (as much). I’ve no idea what I’ll do in a couple of years when it runs out. It depends how willing the other half is on getting the snip!  ;D ;D