Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Discharge  (Read 1216 times)

Charliec

• First Flush
Discharge
« on: October 13, 2020, 12:36:14 PM »

Hi, I have been looking at this site for a while and found it really helpful.  I have been post menopausal for about 3 years and for the last few months have been getting clear dripping discharge which is constant.

I did have a cyst which went on it’s own and when I saw the gynaecologist he said I have atrophy.  I took ovestin for a couple of days and then swapped to vagifem for some weeks everyday and now have switched to twice weekly.

The Vagifem did nothing for the constant dripping discharge so I went to see another gynaecologist who examined me and saw the discharge but said it would not be atrophy and had no smell and she didn’t think it was an infection.   She suggested a scan for polyps which came back negative for polyps but a couple of fibroids.  I have been told that my next option is hysteroscopy and then maybe cauterisation.

I would really like to know if any of you ladies have had discharge like this?  My doctor did not seem to think that this amount of discharge could be atrophy.

Thanks in advance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Discharge
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 12:52:05 PM »

? urine ? : leakage can be a problem at this time of Life.  It is enough to wear a pad day/night?  Or wetness which means that the atrophy treatment is working.

:welcomemm:

Charliec

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 02:55:57 PM »

Thanks for your reply CLKD.
It doesn’t smell or look like urine and the gynaecologist did see the discharge.
I will need to investigate further.  I guess I am just hoping that the Vagifem will kick in and the discharge will stop.

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 03:39:41 PM »

Charliec, if you are now only using Vagifem twice a week, that probably isn't enough. You can safely take it 5 times a week, and some on here find they need it daily. Vagifem can take several months to work.
JP x

Harmony

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 01:27:01 PM »

I've had a fair amount of whitish, watery discharge in recent years, which I've read on here is common in menopause. I used a menstrual cup when I was still having periods, and now it deals with the discharge, I wear it all the time. They're not expensive to buy, and last for several years. I only replaced mine when it wouldn't ping open any more. It's also brilliant for stress incontinence and completely stops the leakage. A wonderful invention, not just for periods!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:31:36 PM by Harmony »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 01:44:03 PM »

Stress incontinence can be eased with appropriate womens' physio.  I could never get a menstrual cup to work, it still leaked  :o

Charliec

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

Thanks for your reply Harmony  :).  I will look that up.

Jmarcsik

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 08:43:18 PM »

I have that in between periods Just a yellow discharge all the time every day I’m peri I think as have hot flushes at night (I’m just 50) Had trouble with mini pill bled constantly through lockdown so stopped taking it  now have this discharge I’m due to have a polyp removed soon Too so hoping that helps