Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello, I’m new...  (Read 1099 times)

Babspiglet

Hello, I’m new...
« on: October 09, 2020, 11:09:28 AM »

Hello, I’ve been a member for a couple of weeks, have posted a couple of times and love engaging with this community. My main meno concerns are post-meno tiredness, anxiety and annoying fluttering heart palpitations. Feel more isolated with the pandemic going on, making everything worse. It’s great to be here!  x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, I’m new...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 11:47:09 AM »

You'll be fine.  I remember Mum having crashing fatigue, she would sit down in the middle of chores and go to sleep.

How bad is the anxiety?  HRT can help - sometimes as can appropriate anti-anxiety medication.

Put 'palpitations' into the search box, make notes ;-)

Babspiglet

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »

Thank you CKLD, you’re very reassuring. I’ve just got started on a low dose HRT regime and hope some good things will come of it. My anxiety is definitely made worse by this pandemic but it’s not crippling or anything. I did take some Citalopram earlier on in lockdown so could take a mild dose again if needed. I think I’d prefer to wait a while for HRT to settle a bit first, but I’ll monitor my symptoms daily. You’re all very kind on this site. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »

We are.  It's about sharing experiences which can be shelved until necessary ;-)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 01:41:53 PM »

Hi.
Glad you've found us.
Just wanted to welcome you.
Good luck with the hrt. 🤞🏼
 :welcomemm:

Jd xx

Babspiglet

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 02:12:00 PM »

Thanks very much Jillydoll! Best wishes x

Sage 🍃

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »

Welcome, Babspiglet! 💐

Mulberry

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »

Welcome to the site babspiglet. Give the HRT a bit of time to see if it improves things.

I have only been taking it for a month but the most obvious change for me just in that short time is that the palpitations have disappeared. So glad I didn’t let the doctor talk me into thinking I might be a loon 😂

Babspiglet

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 06:01:37 PM »

That’s fantastic Mulberry! I’m glad you’ve had such encouraging results after a short period of time. I find these strange palpitations and general chest sensations disconcerting and hope the oestrogen will sort it!x

Foxylady

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »

Hi Babspiglet, nice to hear from you. I hope you find MM as beneficial as I have since joining. As CLKD suggested the search box is great if there are specific areas/topics you want to look into a bit more or discover others experiences. If you aren't alrady doing it a diary is really useful so see how things change/improve for you over time, sometimes when you are in the midst of it you dont see/feel any improvement, for others it can be a marked change. Keep messaging to let us know how you get on. PS remember HRT doesn't always solve all the symptoms so have a look into lifestyle changes you could make, if any to complement the HRT. x

Babspiglet

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 09:47:52 PM »

Thank you FoxyLady for your advice. I have started a journal recently recording my symptoms and feelings on a daily basis and agree it will be very useful to note changes over time, even when little seems to change day to day. It’s so nice to have yours and others’ support at this time. I will keep you updated on progress. Best wishes. x

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 10:59:56 PM »

Hi Babspiglet  :welcomemm:

Taz x  :)