Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Dermatitis on Face  (Read 1334 times)

Tinkerbell

Dermatitis on Face
« on: October 06, 2020, 07:37:15 PM »

I have got dermatitis on my face from face mask wearing, i have tried Epaderm as we had that in the house and although that is helping the patch seems to be getting bigger, can you use hydrocortisone cream on your face?

groundhog

Re: Dermatitis on Face
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 08:23:08 AM »

Hi Tinkerbell,
I have dermatitis / eczema on my face And have been prescribed steroid cream ( Eumovate) that said you should check with pharmacist - they usually say use very sparingly.
Problem I find with any kind of steroid use is the rebound effect as in it comes back worse if you stop using it suddenly so be mindful of that. 
Very effective though .
I also bought an oat based emollient from Amazon, a dermatologist on This Morning recommended it.  It’s lighter than epaderm ( which gave me massive boils 😕) and I find it very good even in my eyelids where the eczema is particularly bad atm. 

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 08:56:25 AM »

I have got dermatitis on my face from face mask wearing, i have tried Epaderm as we had that in the house and although that is helping the patch seems to be getting bigger, can you use hydrocortisone cream on your face?

Hi Tinkerbell,

Have you had this diagnosed by a doctor as dermatitis.  I only ask as I have read that there are increasing cases of impetigo, caused by mask wearing. For that you would need an AB cream.

Shadyglade

KAH

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 07:44:02 PM »

I get dermatitis on my face too, especially around my nose and mouth. I’ve tried everything with little improvement until I was recommended Lyonsleaf which is a natural zinc and calendula cream. It’s amazing stuff, it completely cleared mine up and so far apart from a couple of small flares, it’s keeping it at bay. The little pot is small but I’ve been using it continuously since January and it’s barely gone down at all. I got mine from Amazon and I think it was around £10. Worth a try?