Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: re. Serco app alert  (Read 4638 times)

Katejo

re. Serco app alert
« on: October 06, 2020, 09:33:09 AM »

I have just had the alert on my phone that I have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. However it only appeared at the top of my phone as a red asterisk. When I touched on it to view it, it disappeared. There is nothing on the actual app to confirm it. Has anyone else had one of these yet?

Perinowpost

Re: re. Serco app alert
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 10:20:36 AM »

Yes I’ve had the same. I don’t know what we’re supposed to do with that information. I’m watching myself for symptoms but as yet haven’t had any.  I suppose just because you may have had contact it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll develop Covid-19.   Ironically the only person I’ve had contact with (apart from my household/bubble) is the nurse who I saw for an appointment last week!

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 10:20:54 AM »

Gosh no Katjo, I don't have the app.

Could it be that you have just been in the vicinity of someone that tested positive.  Maybe in a Shop at the same time. 

I know that there has been some doubt as to the accuracy of the location tracking, phone to phone. 

Does it have a menu of the alert symbols ??

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »

Yes I’ve had the same. I don’t know what we’re supposed to do with that information. I’m watching myself for symptoms but as yet haven’t had any.  I suppose just because you may have had contact it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll develop Covid-19.   Ironically the only person I’ve had contact with (apart from my household/bubble) is the nurse who I saw for an appointment last week!

So are you isolating for 2 weeks as they require if you have had contact? I currently have very mild cold symptoms (occasional sneeze, slightly dry throat) which started yesterday but I don't think that is enough to request a test. Even if I got a test now and it was negative, I would still have to isolate for 14 days.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »

Gosh no Katjo, I don't have the app.

Could it be that you have just been in the vicinity of someone that tested positive.  Maybe in a Shop at the same time. 

I know that there has been some doubt as to the accuracy of the location tracking, phone to phone. 

Does it have a menu of the alert symbols ??
There was just 1 small red symbol at the top of my phone indicating that I had been in the vicinity as you expressed it above. I touched on it and it disappeared and gave me nothing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »

? scam ?

I had the snuffles last week for about 14 hours: sneezing, runny nose, dry throat and mouth.  I knew it was a cold and that I haven't been in contact with many people.

Sparrow

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »

I would have thought that that is just a caution warning.

Surely you can't be expected to self isolate because of a temporary icon you might even miss.

Your symptoms do sound like a cold but if you are worried ring NHS direct or do the online symptoms checker.  It's normal to worry at the moment.  I've taken my temperature more times, in the last few months, than in the rest of my life.  ::)

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 11:07:33 AM »

I would have thought that that is just a caution warning.

Surely you can't be expected to self isolate because of a temporary icon you might even miss.

Your symptoms do sound like a cold but if you are worried ring NHS direct or do the online symptoms checker.  It's normal to worry at the moment.  I've taken my temperature more times, in the last few months, than in the rest of my life.  ::)

Yes I think it is a slight cold. I have done the symptom checker already. I am just not sure of the rules. It isn't compulsory to stay at home in the way it is if they ring you ie. they won't check on me and fine me. However their guideline on the app says that one is supposed to isolate for the full 2 weeks.

Sparrow

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »

That is harsh. :o

If the app is oversensitive, that means a lot of people will be isolating when they don't need too.

I don't know what to advise.  Is there a helpline??

Florrie2

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 12:14:56 PM »

Hi. I’m new here - be gentle  :)

I have read that unless you are told to isolate, the message is from Apple or Android which is why it disappears.

Have a look at this on the NHS website which explains it
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us

Joaniepat

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 12:21:26 PM »

Hi. I’m new here - be gentle  :)

I have read that unless you are told to isolate, the message is from Apple or Android which is why it disappears.

Have a look at this on the NHS website which explains it
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us
That's very useful, thanks. And welcome to the Forum  :)
JP x

Sparrow

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »

Just read this on twitter.

Downloaded out of curiosity. Today ALERT you have been with someone tested +ve. Click here to access app for more details. Clicked & got nothing. Found out this morning it’s a “Blip” with the APP & thousands received the alert in error! How many gone into isolation unnecessarily?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 12:22:06 PM »

:thankyou:  you'll fit right in  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 12:34:53 PM »

Just read this on twitter.

Downloaded out of curiosity. Today ALERT you have been with someone tested +ve. Click here to access app for more details. Clicked & got nothing. Found out this morning it’s a “Blip” with the APP & thousands received the alert in error! How many gone into isolation unnecessarily?
   What!!!  I am not on Twitter so haven't seen this. How did they find out that it was a Blip?

Sparrow

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 12:43:25 PM »

Many were told a their work place but is is from the NHS.

NHS COVID-19 app
@NHSCOVID19app
·
Oct 1
Replying to
@thepassiongroup
Unless your #NHSCOVID19app is asking you to self-isolate, you don't need to take action. You may be referring to automated messages sent out by Google and Apple.

The app uses an algorithm to filter out false alarms based on distance and time.

Learn more: http://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us
Pages: [1] 2 3