Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding whilst using Evorel Conti Patches  (Read 1504 times)

HarvestMoon

Bleeding whilst using Evorel Conti Patches
« on: October 05, 2020, 05:24:45 PM »

Hello there, I'm hoping for some thoughts/advice/reassurance if possible.

I'm 53 and started HRT at the beginning of May this year. I was prescribed Evorel Conti patches as a continuous combined regime.
I've been fine on it, up until just over a week ago and since then, I've been having a light bleed. Not too heavy, but definitely more than spotting and definitely "there"
I'd just appreciate any input really. I know that breakthrough bleeding can happen, I suppose I'd have expected it before now, rather than 5 months in. It's so annoying and inconvenient!!

shrosphirelass

Re: Bleeding whilst using Evorel Conti Patches
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 07:36:46 PM »

I changed to evorel conti from sequi 7 months ago. I have had a lot of on and off bleeding, but for me this happened almost from the start. I was told that bleeding could occur within the first 6 months, so anything within this time frame was considered ok. I was referred for a scan because of the heavy flooding I experienced and resultant anemia. It may be worth speaking to your doctor and seeing if he advises a scan as a precaution since you haven't had any bleeding before.

HarvestMoon

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 08:46:59 PM »

Thank so much for the reply Shropshirelass

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 08:59:11 PM »

Hello there, I'm hoping for some thoughts/advice/reassurance if possible.

I'm 53 and started HRT at the beginning of May this year. I was prescribed Evorel Conti patches as a continuous combined regime.
I've been fine on it, up until just over a week ago and since then, I've been having a light bleed. Not too heavy, but definitely more than spotting and definitely "there"
I'd just appreciate any input really. I know that breakthrough bleeding can happen, I suppose I'd have expected it before now, rather than 5 months in. It's so annoying and inconvenient!!
I had bleeding with Evorel conti too and it didn't start for 5 months (3 months after moving to full patches as I started on half patches). I heard that it was normal for bleeding to start later if you are already several years post periods when you start the HRT.

HarvestMoon

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 09:32:13 AM »

Katejo, thanks for that, it's reassuring and I hope all is good and settled with you now.

Shropshirelass, should have also said i hope all went well with the scan and all settled now  :)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 05:41:52 PM »

Thanks HarvestMoon Ive got a repeat scan on Monday so fingers crossed its ok. I am still having spotting now and then. I think maybe for me this isn't going to reslove, but if there aren't any underlying issues Im tempted to continue as it gives me good symptom control. Let us know how you get on.

How are you getting on with your new regime Katejo?

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 06:08:10 PM »

Thanks HarvestMoon Ive got a repeat scan on Monday so fingers crossed its ok. I am still having spotting now and then. I think maybe for me this isn't going to reslove, but if there aren't any underlying issues Im tempted to continue as it gives me good symptom control. Let us know how you get on.

How are you getting on with your new regime Katejo?
  Hi Shropshire Lass I have been bleed free since I switched to half patches apart from 1 tiny spotting episode. However some of my symptoms have crept back a bit so I want to try full patches again for a while. Surely the fact that the bleeding stops with halves must mean that the HRT is the cause and not anything more sinister? The consultant tried to tell me that if it didn't stop, I would have to have another hysteroscopy even though the 1st found nothing wrong.
The same consultant also seemed to assume that I would want to stop HRT completely by 60 ! I don't since VA won't disappear.

Uptick

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 06:27:55 PM »

Hi Katejo, I'm just curious, how do you cut your patches?

I've read this leaflet from Alder Hay children's hospital in West Derby, Liverpool on how to cut Estradiol patches and it was a bit of a surprise for me.

https://alderhey.nhs.uk/application/files/6415/8142/1323/Estradiol_Patch_Leaflet_PIAG_M14.pdf

Uptick

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 09:05:49 PM »

Hi FrannyB, hopefully you will get more stable levels by cutting them properly. What difference have you found?

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 09:45:18 PM »

Funnily enough Uptick, I stumbled across the same information. I have been cutting my patches diagonally after a good while of cutting straight across. You might not be surprised to hear I have found quite a difference.
Who would have thought ?
  What difference do you get with diagonal? I have been doing vertical or horizontal but have never tried diagonal. I wasn't told to do it a particular way.