Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and Bleeding.  (Read 1104 times)

Dawn20

Utrogestan and Bleeding.
« on: October 04, 2020, 09:09:57 AM »

Hello,

I have been taking HRT since about March, with 3.5 pumps of estrogel and 100mg utrogestan per day. My last period was many years ago, about 3 I think.

Around the end of September, I started inserting the utrogestan internally, probably for about 14 days. Today I have period pain and some bleeding, a brownish colour. Could this be caused by using the utrogestan differently? I'll be calling my GP tomorrow, but haven't told them I have been using the utrogestan internally. Maybe I should have, but it's such a hazzle to get appointments or even talk to a doctor.

Feeling a bit panicked, since I know it could be cancer! Also the HRT has been great, lifting my depression tremendously.

Dawn xx

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan and Bleeding.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:48:59 AM »

Hi Dawn20

As you are on a fairly high dose of oestrogen it could be that your womb lining thickened slightly while on the HRT if the oral dose of 100 mg was not keeping it thin. Now that you have changed to vaginal use more of the utrogestan will be getting to the uterus where it is needed and the lining could be coming away slightly. Although strictly speaking yes you should consult your doc because this is new bleeding even while on HRT that has occurred more than 6 months after starting the  HRT ( I presume you haven;t had any bleeding up until now?), in practice it is most likely due to changing to vaginal use.

Please try not to worry it is very unlikely to be cancer at this point, from what you have said - but by all means get checked out and maybe the doc will refer you for a scan. This will tell you how thick then lining is and whether the progesterone is keeping it thin enough.

Hurdity x

Dawn20

Re: Utrogestan and Bleeding.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 07:34:10 AM »

Thanks for your reply Hurdity, much appreciated.

You have stopped me worrying quite so much. :)

I called the doctors, but have to wait for a GP to call me back. The GP that looks after HRT etc only works Thursdays! Which is shocking, with half the population being female!

Dawn xx