Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rosaccea help!  (Read 1597 times)

Emm225

Rosaccea help!
« on: September 29, 2020, 12:10:39 PM »

Anyone else developed this as hormones go mad? I spoke to doctor today after sending photos to her and she says I have this.   Had it since Feb/March time.  Not sure what bought it on....I was having horrific hot flushes every hour then, since gone on HRT and that has thankfully stopped.  Also upped my exercise...running/cycling as was so anxious when lockdown struck.  But didn't up it massively...just a bit.  Don't want to not exercise aerobically and running, cycling and walking help me massively with mental health.  Also in losing my menopause/covid stomach!
Been prescribed 2 month course of antibiotics to clear it so fingers croseed...anyone got other suggestions to help? (I do wear factor 50 suncream on face)

Taz2

Re: Rosaccea help!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 02:13:05 PM »

Hi Emma. I have it. Diagnosed around three years ago at the age of 63 having had really clear skin for my whole life. I've been on HRT for 13 years now so I don't think hormones are to blame.

My advice is to read up on it as much as possible. Exercise is a definite trigger as is walking in the heat, in the cold, windy weather etc. I am on lymecycline. Which one are you on? Also push for a dermatologist referral if possible.

Taz x  :hug:

Emm225

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:16:51 PM »

Not sure...need to go and pick it up.  Like you, clear skin all my life pretty well.  I like to exercise too, good de stresser. Mother  Nature can be horrible can't she...how dare she give me spots now?!!!!

Catcc

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 08:57:17 AM »

Hi
I started with rosacea when I started peri.  Skin problems were my first meno symptoms.  I saw a dermatologist and  was given the antibiotics and also Finacea (azelaic acid).  This was in 2016. 

The Finacea gel is fabulous!!!! I still use it every night now - a tiny little bit before putting on moisturiser.  I get it on prescription from my doctor. 

I definitely blame menopause/hormones for my rosacea.  Never had a hint of it prior to peri.  As Taz says, I also found it was worst with exercise, heat, cold, certain food and definitely wind.   It affects my eyes if I've been out in the wind (can't use Finacea on eyelids unfortunately :-)  )   

I would also recommend to read up about it as there are different types of rosacea.  I had extremely sore red spots on my cheeks and that's where the Finacea really helps (don't get any at all now)

I highly recommend the Finacea.

Good luck x

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:22:39 AM by Catcc »

Ms Peak

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 09:03:58 PM »

Hi ladies.
I believe its all to do with hormones and inflammatory conditions.
I have developed Asthma chronically and now a lactose intolerance thanks to the peri menopause I've been in for now 9 years.
Ms Peaks x

DS68

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:31 PM »

I had the same, awful flare ups very horrible to have as really aware of it - had never heard of rosocea until I eventually became so fed up with my blotchy face I went to the doc. First doc prescribed some acid type cream which burnt but was effective. Later that year happened to see another doctor.about a different matter but I mentioned I needed a new prescription for the cream for rosocea and she advised me she also suffered with it too and prescribed a less intense cream.
It's lovely, just like a.mosturiser and doesn't burn and isn't oily. It's called soolantra 10mg - I use it regularly and haven't had any flare ups at all and I run a lot. Maybe try it and see.  Mine seems random when it used to appear horrible little blotches. But they.can be helped 🙂

Emm225

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 02:08:37 PM »

Thank you, my doctor put me on 2 months of antibiotics but I am not overkeen on them...and they make me a bit headachey.  I phoned to ask about the cream but apparently...jeez louise...I need to make an appointment. :'(  Which is VERY difficult at our docs at the moment...you have to phone on the day, at the time the phone lines open to find you are number 30 in the queue ...and in the meantime you have to get to work.  Nightmare.  So, will try on Monday.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 12:06:01 AM »

I would suggest keep on with the antibiotic first. The headache feeling will improve. What have you been given? I was told that the cream was expensive and would only be prescribed if other treatments had failed so I would think it might be better to at least do the two months then go back as you will have proof that it hasn't worked. Do you have the pustules like with acne? If so don't worry about scarring as they don't leave any mark after they've gone down again.

Taz x

Taz x

Emm225

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 09:11:55 AM »

No, luckily I don't have postules, it is more of a general redness, like a rash.  I do think it may have been caused by the very ****ly burning hot flushes I was getting back in Feb/March time.  (HRT has stopped these, thank god).  Since taking the antibiotic my face has started to feel more tender in fact, not less, so am hoping it;s one of those things which get better before it gets worse.  Wasn't a good time to start them tbh in hindsight as is "my time of the month" and although I don't have a show and haven't for ages I still get horrific pmt in the form of overwleming, sickening anxiety and tearfulness...I literally don't know where to put myself and just want to curl in a ball, away from everyone and weep at times.  Am hoping the last 48 hours have been this, and not the antibiotics too!

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »

Sounds as if you are really going through it. Which antibiotic is it? I'm on lymecycline which causes me to have low mood for the first week or so.

It's great you don't have pustules. I had just the rash/redness for around two years before it changed to the inflammatory type. It's well worth finding out as much as you can about the condition. Hope you feel better soon.

Taz x

Emm225

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »

Jeez...hope I can get redness before I get big postules.....was hoping it would go for good   :-X :(

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 09:06:09 PM »

Hopefully yours will just stay as redness but once you are prone to it then it may flare up at times. There is lots of info online. Which antibiotic is it?

Taz x

Emm225

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 07:33:35 PM »

I am on doxycyline...but doc took me off it today as I have been getting so many headaches and got the mother of all migraines yesterday.  Also was v bloated and sick feeling.  So prescribed some gel which the chemist has to order.

I wanted to ask..those of you with Rosaccea....the doctor told me to not wear make up which is a bit scary for work.  To be honest I don't wear a lot anyway , and went out this afternoon for a walk without any on and have come back with a redder face than usual!
So.....can I wear a bit of make up? Doesn't seem to make it worse...it's foundation/bb cream I wear.  I used to wear heavier foundation....Double Wear, but haven't worn that for a year or two, tend to stick to lighter stuff now.  I have use it as I am very pale and if I don't people ask if I am ill!  Now ofcourse I was using it to cover my redness......

Joaniepat

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 08:32:58 PM »

I have rosacea and make-up has never been mentioned, but I was told to use sunscreen all year round. I actually use a tinted sunscreen as make-up, because the shade happens to be right for me!

JP x

DS68

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 09:15:38 PM »

Hi again

Just wanted to say I wore makeup when I had an outburst of rosocea, it was embarrassingly red. Didn't seem to o make it worse.  Just cleaned it off when I got home. Love not wearing makeup but I feel I need a bit to look healthier than I feel.  Don't appear to have a glow for a while 🙄
Don't forget to try the cream soolantra 10mg  - really helped my rosocea clear up.
Feeling your pain 🤕x
Pages: [1] 2