Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Possible Reflux - now spoken to GP  (Read 3832 times)

Lynda07

Re: Possible Reflux - now spoken to GP
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 01:38:13 PM »

I'm back from seeing the GP. She was lovely and is very thorough. I'm continuing on Peptac for now but - I do have to have an endoscopy. Thank goodness you made your post Justjules as, although I know how nervous I will be, you have reasurred me. I just need to try and not spend the next month worrying about what the results might be.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 04:27:10 PM »

That's wonderful, Lynda! Is Peptac the generic version of Gaviscon Advance?

Lynda07

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 04:38:48 PM »

Hi Sage - yes I think it is, it seems to have the same ingredients.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 04:40:54 PM »

Oooohh that's great! Gaviscon Advance it too expensive. Thank you, Lynda!

Lynda07

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 05:16:52 PM »

Sorry Sage, just checked again and think they are different.
Active ingredients: sodium alginate, sodium bicarbonate and calcium carbonate. (Peptac)
Each 10 ml dose contains sodium alginate 1000 mg and potassium hydrogen carbonate 200 mg. (Gaviscon Advance)

Sorry to mislead you.

Lynda

Sage 🍃

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 05:37:02 PM »

That's alright, Lynda! I think Peptac is the same as Gaviscon. Gaviscon Advance is the second generation of Gaviscon.

Lynda07

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 06:09:36 PM »

Ah, ok. I am actually able to get the Peptac on prescription up here in Scotland.

Justjules

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 07:39:03 PM »

I'm back from seeing the GP. She was lovely and is very thorough. I'm continuing on Peptac for now but - I do have to have an endoscopy. Thank goodness you made your post Justjules as, although I know how nervous I will be, you have reasurred me. I just need to try and not spend the next month worrying about what the results might be.

How lucky are you to have been firstly able to see your GP and that she was lovely...I used to have one like that  :(

Anyway, great that she’s sorting things and don’t be worrying about your endoscopy!! x

Lynda07

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 08:48:29 PM »

Justjules I do feel lucky to be honest. I’ve had some really not good- almost scary - GP experiences in my time but my GP here, well I feel I can trust her.

I am going to try my hardest not to worry about the endoscopy as you really have put my mind at ease there, thanks again x

Sally S

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 06:23:18 PM »

Lynda, my mum can fully sympathise with your symptoms. She is having long term issues, the main one being the sensation of her mouth filling up with saliva...apparently it’s called water brash and it stops her eating until it’s subsided. Sometimes it comes on upon waking and she can’t eat until later in the day. She is on medication and this stops the burning pain but not the water brash. I think mum’s may be due to a weak valve in the stomach. She won’t have an endoscopy so won’t really know. I hope you find relief soon. X

Lynda07

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 06:40:45 PM »

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum SallyS. It must be so distressing for her, I am really struggling with my symptoms as I just don’t know what’s going on with my body. I understand your mum’s concerns about the endoscopy.
I didn’t know this was called water brash so thanks for that.

Sally S

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 07:06:34 PM »

Thank you, Lynda.  Mum is on a low dose of Lansoprazole.  She’s had no side effects from it after being on it for a year. It has eased some of the symptoms but she can’t tell what foods set it off as it’s so unpredictable when symptoms come on...bread is a big no no though. She is also on Peptac. She has also been given Scandishakes to try and put some weight back on. Best wishes to you xx

Lynda07

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2020, 07:33:19 PM »

Sally S. Lansoprazole is what my GP wanted me to take although this is on hold now until my endoscopy. I am pleased your mum has no side effects, they are what worry me. I find Peptac helps.

That is very interesting about bread. I have a couple of slices a day, most days.

Thank you and to you and your mum.xx

Sally S

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2020, 08:09:42 PM »

I’m sure your GP will soon have your symptoms sorted out. There’s so many treatments options available. Take care, let us know how you get on :) xx

Lynda07

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2020, 09:01:38 PM »

Sally S, will do - thank you xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3