Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can HRT help with fatigue post-menopause?  (Read 817 times)

Babspiglet

Can HRT help with fatigue post-menopause?
« on: September 28, 2020, 12:15:41 PM »

Hi-just joined the site. All the posts are really informative! Can anyone please help with this query?  I’m 58, 3-4 years post-menopausal. I started to get really tired in April, during lockdown. At first it was put down to post-viral fatigue (I had a cold but not  Covid) and was prescribed an antidepressant because I developed anxiety. I stopped taking it after 3 months as it made me even more lethargic and although tiredness persisted anxiety improved. Recently another doctor suggested it could be a menopause symptom and thought that HRT would really help with it. I’ve just started taking Evorel patches and Utrogestan (less than a week). I don’t get hot flushes but do seem to get this anxious, uncertain feeling in my chest. I have less stamina now and if I walk for half an hour I have to rest as tire more quickly. I’m currently worried I may have developed a heart problem which isn’t helping and will talk to doctor. Can anyone advise if HRT helped with fatigue? Does anyone relate to the running out of stamina on walks (and even after taking a shower?!). I’d be very grateful. This is all so weird as I was previously pretty fit. I also take Vitamin D although a home test didn’t indicate a deficiency.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:32:31 PM by Babspiglet »

Itwillpass

Re: Can HRT help with fatigue post-menopause?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 01:35:26 PM »

I would love to know this also, I’ve been on Evorel Sequi for just 5 days. I’m 46 & had awful fatigue, aching joints/muscles since beginning of the year (awful health anxiety now too). Feel weak & jittery like a flu/hangover/nausea all day. Like you say I was fit & healthy but now even climbing the stairs I’m worn out & my heart rate races  :'(

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 06:32:37 AM »

Hi yes it does help. One of my worst symptoms was exhaustion ....total exhaustion. I couldn’t do anything. And another of my worst symptoms was nausea. HRT thankfully got rid of all the symptoms. I was 53 and post menopause when I started HRT. X

Babspiglet

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 08:08:45 AM »

Thanks Dotty, that’s very encouraging news!  It really gives hope and reassurance to me and others that we’re doing the right thing.  I think it may already be helping a bit with my aches and pains too.