Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sore smelly nose  (Read 2479 times)

Penguin99

Re: Sore smelly nose
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 07:00:28 PM »

Savlon does nothing at all. I've been away so not continued the cider vinegar, it did seem to help a bit. I will give it a few days and see how it goes.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 04:47:18 PM »

Hi Penguin99, I went to ENT a couple of years ago with this as I had been suffering exactly the same as you. Gp had given me Naseptin which helped but it kept coming back after a while.
Blood tests ruled out any allergies and ENT chappie looked up my nose, said no polyps or anything and said was most likely to be non allergenic rhinitis which causes all these symptoms. He prescribed nasal spray and to use Sterimar blue nasal spray. I couldn't tolerate the Flixonase spray really so just used the Sterimar.
I'm not using anything just at the moment but am on HRT so maybe that does help the dried out membranes! It's not been too bad lately, but the smell sometimes comes back now and again if I squeeze my nostrils together, quite gross!

Penguin99

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »

Thanks Julia, its not been too bad lately, can still smell it a little but nothing too bad. Thats really interesting as about 8-10 years ago I got diagnosed with rhinitis, I wouldn't be surprised if its come back maybe??

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 01:33:21 PM »

Possibly has Penguin99, he said it can be caused by anything like house dust or even changes in the seasons that I may be susceptible to, I do sneeze on a regular basis, and always twice! I tend to have a real runny nose too in the summer which could be the pollen, yet I don't have full blown hay fever?
Its all very irritating, but I was reassured it wasn't anything disastrous, just annoying!!

Penguin99

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 05:22:22 PM »

Yeah very annoying,  I notice it more when I've been out and take my mask off. I do suffer with hayfever, although this year I've been pretty much ok, got this instead  ::)

dahliagirl

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 08:51:59 PM »

I have started with something like this since the central heating went back on.

I also had a good clean of the house which set off my allergies again.

I am on the sterimar  ::)  and plenty of water.
Pages: 1 [2]