Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: And so it begins...  (Read 1308 times)

IslandGirl80

• First Flush
And so it begins...
« on: September 24, 2020, 09:32:43 PM »

Hello, thought I would come and introduce myself. I’ve just turned 40 and have started having some symptoms of perimenopause, although if I am honest I have had a hot flush every so often for a couple of years now.

Everyone keeps telling me I am too young to have started but here I am! I had an eating disorder when I was a teenager and my periods stopped for a few months when I was at my worst so I wonder if that has meant I was destined for an early menopause?

Periods still regular but the personal summers, increased anxiety, dryness downstairs (sorry, TMI) and some internal vibrating feelings are really getting me down and making me wish they would just stop now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: And so it begins...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:15:19 AM »

Morning!  There is no early menopause .......... some girls don't have any periods, some have a few then stop.  Other ladies go through to mid-50s, others begin peri-menopause at the time for them.  Each is individual.

I don't think that your eating disorder will impact on when peri begins for you.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.  Most of what you experience, someone will have had previously so maybe put any of your oddities into the search box and see what pops up.

As for dryness downstairs - there is never TMI on here ;-) - do read the threads on bladder issues and vaginal atrophy.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry, including the vaginal area.  Localised HRT really does help!  'vagifem' or 'ovestin'.

:welcomemm:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »

Hi Islandgirl80.       :welcomemm:

Just wanted to welcome you.
Ask anything you like, we're here to help if we can.
Keep posting. Someone's always on to help with any of your questions.

Jd xx

Paz23

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »

Hi there, I am also 40 and have been experiencing peri symptoms on and off for about 18 months - a huge list of stuff that just started all of a sudden.
My mum was also 40 when she started, the difference is she had a gp who agreed with what it was and she got HRT more or less straight away, my gp in the other hand is not so clued up and now because of this covid, discussing it all with a health professional is practically impossible.
You can ask anything on here xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 08:44:46 AM »

Paz23 - your GP should have face2face visits by now.  Or ask to see a Practice Nurse?

Jnine

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 09:33:52 AM »

Hello
I am new here. 49 years old and am questioning if I am in peri menapause? I still have regular periods and not hot flushes but in the last 12 months I have been experiencing migraine on a monthly basis, discomfort in the nether regions (not dry) but more like a have thrush and burning that comes and goes but prevelant around periods. The big nag for me is neck and shoulder pain which I did not know was related to menapause? I have been experiencing bad neck and shoulder pain for the last 6/7 months. I don’t feel any more stressed than normal  :o and I thought maybe my mattress was causing the issues? I even went for a massage twice which I have never done before but it will not abate! I also have a sore mouth like I am grinding my teeth and biting my cheeks when I sleep? Am I in peri menapause or is there something wrong with me so I should speak to a doctor?? I am a completely neurotic person who feels the slightest misalignment in my body means I have something terminal  >:(