Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Member - post menopausal Women HRT suggestions please  (Read 814 times)

jaybe57

• First Flush
New Member - post menopausal Women HRT suggestions please
« on: September 22, 2020, 08:45:03 AM »

Hi Everyone, I was a 62 year old post menopausal dried up miserable old bag!! fast forward a year and I feel like I've got a new lease of life having been put on Vagifem pessaries initially and also Oestrogel and Ugestron HRT - to sort my dried atrophied nether regions!!! - I feel like a different person no more painful sex and my libido has come back with a vengeance - happy husband!! The only blot on the horizon is I am now suffering from very heavy monthly bleeding which I was told might happen but probably won't last as I've been period free for 10 years - Ive had biopsys and exploratory ops to make sure no underlying conditions and everything ok - BUT no-one seems to be able to prescribe an alternative HRT that doesn't give me a bleed - I used to be on Tibolone back in the day which suited me really well but came off it after pressure from my GP about breast cancer and stroke risks - sorry this is longwinded but wondered if anyone has similar problems/profile and been prescribed HRT with no bleeds as it really is getting me down so I can have a discussion about alternatives available with GP/Gynaecologist as Im sick of getting told its this or nothing!!! Thanks for reading to the end and look forward to your comments Julie

Jane50

Re: New Member - post menopausal Women HRT suggestions please
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:14:37 AM »

Hi Julie,

Have you thought about the Mirena coil? It's supposed to reduce bleeding and sometimes stop it altogether. You could still use the oestrogel and vagifem alongside. I'm having one fitted to deal with heavy periods. I know lots of ladies have great success with it.

X

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:00:55 AM »

Hi jaybe57

How much oestrogen are you using? And how much Utrogestan? x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »

And are you using utro continuously or sequi?

jaybe57

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »

Hi Julie,

Have you thought about the Mirena coil? It's supposed to reduce bleeding and sometimes stop it altogether. You could still use the oestrogel and vagifem alongside. I'm having one fitted to deal with heavy periods. I know lots of ladies have great success with it.

X
Hi Jane,
Thanks for your reply - I was advised against the coil when I had my exploratory procedure as no cancer found - also  apparently I have a tilted womb making it difficult and extremely painful to insert so last resort I think!
 But guessing its a last