Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Occular migraine  (Read 1316 times)

shrosphirelass

Occular migraine
« on: September 17, 2020, 06:52:16 PM »

Today I was out walking and I started to get the flashing light across one side of my peripheral vision. I came home and went to bed for a short while. It lasted ages and seemed to clear about 40 minutes later. I went downstairs and put somnething on the TV to try to help me relax and it started up again for another half an hour or so. It has stopped now, leaving me with a residual headache and feeling a bit out of sorts.

I have had this before but usually it only lasts 20-30 minutes. Anyone else had this more exrended experience?

For some reason I forgot to change my patch yesterday morning so changed it today. Do you think that could have triggered it? It's such  a weird feeling, it doesn't hurt, (the lights) but it feels really frightening.

Perinowpost

Re: Occular migraine
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:03:52 PM »

Hi Shropshire Lass yes definitely. I’ve had them all my life and usually find they’re triggered by stress or overdoing it. But a drop in hormones can also be a trigger. During my fertile years I’d often get one right before my period.

I’ve had 2 this week, brought on I believe because I did the 3 Peaks at the weekend and pushed myself.  Prior to that I hadn’t had one for ages.

I’d try not to worry if I were you as worrying will only make it worse. They’re really not nice though are they x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »

How awful  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »

Hi.
Yes I've had them. Ive always suffered from migraines, but the ones with a banging headache, then a couple years ago started having auras, they usually come in the shape of wiggly lines and flashing lights, always in my right eye. The headache isn't that bad, but it all knocks you about a bit.
I think it's normal to have them last up to about 30 mins or so, and then they go, but sometimes I've had them return after 15 minutes or so, again.
I feel sick with mine too.
Could be stress related, and hormonal too.
I did worry at first, as like I said, I've only ever had the real, painful migraines.
Just try to relax when they occur again,  and hopefully, they'll go for good. xx