Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rights at work  (Read 2381 times)

Baby

Rights at work
« on: September 12, 2020, 01:00:52 PM »

Do any of you know about rights at work to do with menopause. I only work two days a week 2pm till 10pm but struggle with panic before I go. Would it be within my rights to start early and finish a bit earlier. X

C.C.

Re: Rights at work
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this.  Could you talk to your manager/supervisor about your situation? ie. changing up your shift, or help you find ways to ease your anxiety? 

Hope you find some relief!

C.C.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 02:37:15 PM by C.C. »

Baby

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 07:50:48 PM »

Well I've done a bit of research today and found out that employers DO have a legal right to help employees through the meno if they are having problems and some ladies have took their companys to court and won their cases. Also I have spoken to a friend of a friend who had a bad menopause and she said her company gave her flexible working. In fact she said I was well within my rights to ask for this. It's just having the nerve to ask when your self esteem is preety low anyway.

C.C.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 05:42:18 PM »

I understand the anxiety of asking for help. Give it a shot and see what happens.  You might be surprised how understanding people can be about issues like this.  :) 

Baby

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 07:30:12 PM »

Well I gave it a shot and contacted work about if they could be more flexible about my start time at work because of my anxiety panic attacks. No basically was the answer.  :(

Brit66

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 07:17:41 AM »

Well I gave it a shot and contacted work about if they could be more flexible about my start time at work because of my anxiety panic attacks. No basically was the answer.  :(

I'm so sorry you are dealing with anxiety and that your boss isn't empathetic. Please don't let anxiety/panic win, you have a full and busy life to live, and you have the right to do so :)
I have been in your shoes, for years actually  I've even ended up in A&E thinking I was having a heart attack,  but it was 'just' anxiety.
I really recommend the DARE program to you, it's changed my life and I'm fully recovered from anxiety and panic. It's really easy to understand,  not expensive and there's loads of support. I've also heard that hrt really improves mood and stops the panic/anxiety attacks that affect so many of us in perimenopause/menopause.
There is light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to keep going and things will change! :)

Baby

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 05:26:57 PM »

Thanks Britt. I am currently into my third month of HRT. I tried everol conti no good, then the gel and utro no good then the latest one lenzo something or the other. Am on elleste solo now. It seems HRT is not going to work for me. :'(x

Brit66

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »

Thanks Britt. I am currently into my third month of HRT. I tried everol conti no good, then the gel and utro no good then the latest one lenzo something or the other. Am on elleste solo now. It seems HRT is not going to work for me. :'(x

Oh that's such a shame, gosh it's difficult isn't it, when you're trying to find solution to a problem that won't disappear? I wish I had more to suggest to help you, can you go and see a different dr?

sed

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 05:33:10 AM »

Definitely go back to your GP and ask to be signed off.  My GP signed me off for 2 months with anxiety - work has to honour that.  I am still going through it but compared to the first month or so when anxiety symptoms appeared (just as my blood test suggested hormone imbalance), i accept it now so more bearable.  I am also wondering if HRT will help but everyone has said it is the last symptom to go so holding out for that.  I am only 2 weeks into a new HRT regime.    Evorel Conti.  I so hope that this works and trying to stay confident and pushing to the 3 or so month marker - you must too  ;)

Baby

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 05:37:42 PM »

The trouble is I have had severe anxiety and panic for 12 months and it's not getting any better. I only work two days instead of full time. This meno is completely destroying me. The doctor would sign me off he's a lovely man even though he can't help me. I just worry if I go off I will never have the strength to go back. X

Baby

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 05:45:02 PM »

I'm physically shaking as I'm on this forum. It's like nobody can help me :'(

sed

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 05:59:42 PM »

:'( Baby, I honestly understand because I am in your shoes - I have had anxiety symptoms 6 months and counting.  Right now I am crying typing you this message as I have been sitting with anxiety non stop all day.  The physical symptoms are crazy - you are not alone!  And you have probably heard that a million times BUT it is true.

I am in the hope that this will pass as I have been reassured that it will.  Try the Dare Response https://dareresponse.com/ - it is an eye opener. 

I am only around 2 months in and have always been told that anxiety sometimes Is the last symptom to go.  Keep pushing is all the help I can give.  We are pushing together - I am begging to see the light 💡 and we have to be positive that it is there x
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:01:31 PM by sed »

Brit66

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 08:02:16 PM »

:'( Baby, I honestly understand because I am in your shoes - I have had anxiety symptoms 6 months and counting.  Right now I am crying typing you this message as I have been sitting with anxiety non stop all day.  The physical symptoms are crazy - you are not alone!  And you have probably heard that a million times BUT it is true.

I am in the hope that this will pass as I have been reassured that it will.  Try the Dare Response https://dareresponse.com/ - it is an eye opener. 

I am only around 2 months in and have always been told that anxiety sometimes Is the last symptom to go.  Keep pushing is all the help I can give.  We are pushing together - I am begging to see the light 💡 and we have to be positive that it is there x

I did the DARE programme after years of anxiety and panic episodes, which I'm sure now I look back, were connected to perimenopause.  It worked 100pc for me, it changed my life, im glad you found it helpful too, you have to keep pushing through to the other side :)
I decided to go for hrt a few weeks ago too, and so far so good, I am hoping it will help with all my symptoms, all the best of luck to you! ;)

Penguin99

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 11:13:06 AM »

How long have you worked for your employer? If its over 26 weeks you have a legally able to apply for flexible working, you must do it officially. Your company should have a flexible working application form.  They have 28 days to respond, if they don't then they haven't followed the statutory guidelines. If they don't agree you can appeal the decision.  Have a look and see if anxiety is covered under the Equality Act,  you must have had it for more than 12 months, if it qualifies then I'm pretty sure you can apply for flexible working as a reasonable adjustment for a disability under the Equality Act  2010. ( look into this first,  but it gives you something to go on), if its not classed as a disability and you've worked there for more than 26 weeks you can still apply, it just won't be under the Equality Act.
Hope this helps :)

Baby

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 02:01:05 PM »

A lot more than 26 weeks 25 YEARS. X
Pages: [1] 2