Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing - 2020  (Read 4872 times)

Foxylady

Re: Strictly Come Dancing - 2020
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 07:35:30 AM »

Cant think who you mean two hoots!! ;D ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 07:53:24 AM »

Those hand-held thermometer thingies aren't that reliable!

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2020, 09:57:57 PM »

We're up and running  :scottie: Amy's dress was FabULUS!

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2020, 03:21:42 PM »

Another week and now we get ItTakes2 ......... Anton out again  :'( why can't they give him a 'dancer' unless he gets paid well for being the stooge?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2020, 07:33:59 PM »

Not impressed last night other than Bill.

Think that the American will go ........

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 05:02:27 PM »

Former boxer Nicola Adams and her Strictly Come Dancing partner Katya Jones have left the BBC contest after Jones tested positive for Covid-19.
A statement said the programme's "protocols" meant the pair would now isolate and would not be able to take part in the rest of the serie

Sparrow

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2020, 05:05:22 PM »

How is this programme even on, in lockdown??

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2020, 05:13:57 PM »

You don't watch?  It's on their web-site .  Same with the Rickshaw Challenge.  All supposed to be in bubbles but a camera man had a positive test returned.  Something. Somewhere.  Isn't working as we are told it would to be. 

They have left their associated families and have isolated in a large Hotel.  Tested regularly.  Very few audience are allowed in. It's working thus far - what testers should find out now is how, if they are all in their personal bubbles, how anyone can return a positive test.

How long has Katya been carrying this virus without it showing on testing?  She is asymptomatic.  Apparently.  Or is the testing system not reliable?  Another opportunity for a Thesis ! 

Sparrow

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2020, 05:22:08 PM »

I hate the programme, but what annoys me is people can't see family while a bunch of B list celebrities pass the virus around dancing.  >:(

Seems totally daft to me.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »

People are able to see family.  Kids can mix in schools but not outside in organised sports  ::).

Some care homes have now built pods ....... and the Strictly Family are in a Hotel in bubbles.  Supposedly  ::).

Which is why I am interested to know how long people carry viruses .  A few sports people have tested positive/negative/positive without showing symptoms, tests taking place every 2/3 days  ::).  Is it bad testing policies, bad Lab. practices?  These situations should enable those in Labs. to find out which will help as time progresses. 

Sparrow

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2020, 06:45:06 PM »

No family visits.

You need to take a closer look at the rules.

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2020, 06:50:58 PM »

I hate the programme, but what annoys me is people can't see family while a bunch of B list celebrities pass the virus around dancing.  >:(

We'll have to agree to disagree there  ;D I really enjoy it and I am disappointed to see Nicola and Katya go out in this way. It is something to cheer me up on these lockdown evenings in and they have been separated and in bubbles.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »

Apparently Rylan has gone into isolation having met with some one outside that has tested positive - so much for that idea of a 'bubble'.

Katejo

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2020, 06:54:38 PM »

People are able to see family.  Kids can mix in schools but not outside in organised sports  ::).

Some care homes have now built pods ....... and the Strictly Family are in a Hotel in bubbles.  Supposedly  ::).

Which is why I am interested to know how long people carry viruses .  A few sports people have tested positive/negative/positive without showing symptoms, tests taking place every 2/3 days  ::).  Is it bad testing policies, bad Lab. practices?  These situations should enable those in Labs. to find out which will help as time progresses.

I can't meet up with family indoors or out other than just 2 of us meeting outside and they don't live close enough to make that worthwhile. I am not in a bubble with anyone (friend or family) because they are distributed quite widely around London and elsewhere. There is no one obviously nearby to pair with.

Sparrow

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2020, 06:54:46 PM »

We'll have to agree to disagree there  ;D I really enjoy it and I am disappointed to see Nicola and Katya go out in this way. It is something to cheer me up on these lockdown evenings in and they have been separated and in bubbles.

I just think it's wrong when there is so much Joe Public can't do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3