Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which Covid Tier??  (Read 2390 times)

Katejo

Re: Which Covid Tier??
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 03:59:18 PM »

Our local has had to shut  :'( due to people outside our Tier ringing for tables/drinks etc..  So the impact of the tiering system ain't working for the service industries.  People simply transfer over the border  >:( and Boris has promised England that it will get harder: what ever that means?
They could just require them to provide proof of address. When I order visitor parking permits for tradespeople doing jobs at  my house, I have to show 2 or 3 documents with my address such as a Council tax bill or home insurance document.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 04:03:58 PM »

Sadly across the food/pub industries it isn't that easy, people are more mobile.  He's spent hours on the 'phone fielding calls from 'strangers' to the area who argue the tail off a donkey   :'(.  He is reviewing his whole package at the moment - he knows his regulars but because his web-site has shown 'open', the danger is people travelling here and causing problems on the door as well as spreading the virus.  Don't think that Boris thought of this particular aspect  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 05:26:34 PM »

Don't they realise the Tier 3 rules preclude travel out of the area apart from specific reasons and even if they do visit a different tier they have to still follow Tier 3 rules?  :'(

Taz x  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »

Seems not Taz. 

sheila99

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 05:51:35 PM »

I thinks that's why entire counties are in the same tier. Before lockdown we were in tier 1 next to tier 3 and the place was full of tier 3 residents in our pubs. I agree they could make you show proof of address but it's then up to individual business owners to police it. Some will but many want any trade they can get. The vaccine is here next week (alright still weeks away for most of us), it just seems silly to take a risk now.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »

Why not tier every area until the vaccine has been rolled out?  After all the figures are usually 5-7 days behind!

Sparrow

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 07:18:26 PM »

Don't they realise the Tier 3 rules preclude travel out of the area apart from specific reasons and even if they do visit a different tier they have to still follow Tier 3 rules?  :'(

Taz x  :-\

Unfortunately Taz, the wording in the rules are much more ambiguous the 'preclude'.  It actually says, 'Avoid travelling outside your area'.  If it said, 'must not unless, etc., etc.,' that would be much clearer.   Also how many people actually check what the official rules are.

I can't see the logic in countywide tiers.  Our council area is very low at only 78, but am told to avoid going into East Sussex six miles away which although a tier lower still has more cases, but can go to Swale where numbers are in the 500s. 

Mind you we are not the only country that muddles this.  During the 1st wave, Denmark prohibited Swedes from entering, but still allowed it's own citizens to travel to Sweden.  Bazar.    ::)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 07:35:54 PM by Shadyglade »
Pages: 1 [2]