Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to HRT  (Read 1129 times)

JeanneA

New to HRT
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:41:13 AM »

Hi I’ve been going through the menopause for over 8 years, recently I’ve felt the worst I have ever felt.  I have been experiencing vaginal soreness, stinging, burning sensation, very uncomfortable particularly when sitting.  Extreme tiredness all day and very emotional. I have had a swab taken, a urine sample also both were negative so no infections just menopause symptoms. The doctor suggested I go on Vagifem pesseries 10 micro grams.  I never wanted to go on hrt, but I’m desperate!  Has anyone else been on this medication?  I would appreciate your thoughts.  Thank you.

Joaniepat

Re: New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 10:07:10 AM »

Yes, many on here using Vagifem or other local oestrogan products. It is not HRT but targeted local oestrogen treatment. Incidentally, the leaflet in the box is not relevant and is for old style systemic HRT.

JP x

JeanneA

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 12:05:59 PM »

Thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 01:39:25 PM »

Hi JeanneA, I too have had bad VA with urinary problems.
I have been on Vagifem for a number of years using at first twice weekly, but am now using it every other night.
As Joaniepat says they are just for vagina and are not absorbed into bloodstream the same as systemic HRT (which I am on too!) and so they are very safe. Some ladies use them every night!
I struggled for 9 years without HRT, am still trying to find the right one for me after  nearly a year on it!!

I hope when you get the vagifem it helps your symptoms and you improve a little. Organic coconut oil is also helpful as it has natural anti bacterial properties. Lots of other ladies use the Yes VM and find that helpful, but of course what suits one doesn't suit all! Its all a minefield!!
Good luck xx