Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge  (Read 17382 times)

Dandelion

Today's update
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »

Nowhere near as much pelvic pain today.
Clots still coming out but not as much.
Notice red blood in the toilet though and on my pad.
I wonder why the blood congeals to form clots?
In 2019 I found I had a stenosed cervix, hope blood hasn't been hiding up there since the last big bleed in March.
What I've noticed with this last few weeks of pelvic pain is I get it in the left side some days, one day it was really sharp.
When I had my trans vaginal ultrasound in 2019 they had a job finding my ovary.
I did Dr Google and found endometriosis, hope I don't have that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 09:25:40 PM by Dandelion »

Sage 🍃

Re: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 10:11:02 PM »

Don't trust Dr Google, all sorts of rubbish can come up after a search. Ovaries are hardly seen in ultrasound scans after menopause. When are you due to see your GP again?

Dandelion

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 10:34:07 PM »

Don't trust Dr Google, all sorts of rubbish can come up after a search. Ovaries are hardly seen in ultrasound scans after menopause. When are you due to see your GP again?
That's just it, I haven't seen the GP in over a year. I have enough stress in my life non medical without this stuff going on. I can't have my progesterone regimen changed as it's metabolites are cross-tolerant with the valium I am addicted to - meaning if they change it, I will go into a nasty withdrawal situation which may incapacitate me.
I just want it to stop and not come back.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2020, 12:23:19 AM »

I understand you are afraid that your GP might change your regime, take you off Utrogestan, but this is not going to happen if you explain the cross tolerance issue. You should see your GP or ask to be referred to another doctor if s/he doesn't understand that. What you can't do is avoiding getting help when you're clearly under stress.
Wishing you well.

Dandelion

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »

I understand you are afraid that your GP might change your regime, take you off Utrogestan, but this is not going to happen if you explain the cross tolerance issue. You should see your GP or ask to be referred to another doctor if s/he doesn't understand that. What you can't do is avoiding getting help when you're clearly under stress.
Wishing you well.
Thanks I know I should go back.
The bleeding and pelvic pain have reduced today, but in march I had the same thing and it came back so what's to say it wont come back agiain even if it goes away for a bit.
I just have so many non medical stressors on at the moment, I keep putting it off.

Dandelion

afterthought about GP
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2020, 02:50:56 PM »

I had an afterthought last night about my post above.
There is one GP I know of in our surgery who told me she wanted to stop hrt after five years, at the time I hadn't been on it.
You don't get the choice of what GP to see, if I get her, she will just want to stop it, having been on it more than 5 years.

Dotty

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »

Up to date guidance is that you can stay on hrt for as long as you need it. It is not necessary to stop after 5 years. X

Dandelion

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2020, 03:58:25 PM »

Up to date guidance is that you can stay on hrt for as long as you need it. It is not necessary to stop after 5 years. X
Yeah Dr Currie says that, it seems to be getting better, but it could come back, like it did after 5 months with discharge in between.

Dandelion

update and please also see post above
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2020, 07:44:12 PM »

Seemed to be improving, got a brown small clot.
Then this evening a teaspoon full of bright red blood.
Does the bleeding mean my womb lining is now getting to the right thickness?

I applied my gel tonight, it's got another couple of days worth of pumps in it, judging by the canister.
The pumps that came out tonight were not as much as they are normally, so I got less oestrogen which is no biggie, however is the discharge improves or stops, that would indicate it's hormonal, so I wonder whether I should reduce down to 25mcg oestrogen, something to think about.
I did notice sweats when down to 50mcg but only in the summer, got sweat rash, even with fan on yet I was still discharging, which doesn't seem to make sense as you'd expect no discharge on reducing oestrogen, yet if body really did need less why the sweats?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 07:55:46 PM by Dandelion »

Sage 🍃

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2020, 08:15:31 PM »

I can't help you with doses, but I suppose you will have breakthrough bleeding when you change them? Stable hormone levels are important to keep the endometrium from shedding, unless you're on a sequential regime.

Dandelion

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2020, 09:15:16 PM »

I can't help you with doses, but I suppose you will have breakthrough bleeding when you change them? Stable hormone levels are important to keep the endometrium from shedding, unless you're on a sequential regime.
I've been on a stable regime for well over 3 months now and the womb keeps leaking, if not blood then discharge.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2020, 10:02:06 PM »

One more reason to see a GP asap, discharge is not a usual HRT side effect. You have to overcome your fear/anxiety so you can move on. Lots of love.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 02:57:15 PM »

Hi Dandelion, just wondering how you're doing. Are you taking testosterone? I've just read an article on depression (my biggest issue now) and I immediately thought about what you've said regarding GABA levels. Apparently it's not just progesterone metabolites that can interact with GABA, testosterone can also have anxiolytic and anti-depressant properties related to increased GABA levels.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0165032718310541

Dandelion

Still bleeding, not seen GP should I reduce gel to 25mcg?
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »

Hi Dandelion, just wondering how you're doing. Are you taking testosterone? I've just read an article on depression (my biggest issue now) and I immediately thought about what you've said regarding GABA levels. Apparently it's not just progesterone metabolites that can interact with GABA, testosterone can also have anxiolytic and anti-depressant properties related to increased GABA levels.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0165032718310541
Hi Sage
Sorry I am late to reply, somehow I missed your posts and thank you for them.
It's the valium addiction and the cross tolerance with the prog that is making me fear seeing the GP.
I have other worries as well, an autism assessment coming up, non medical worries that are bothering me.
I was fine until I had to start taking the prog daily, which I did as I was going looney on the non prog days due to Valium's cross tolerance.
I have only had little bits of brown discharge since writing, flecks of womb lining, one day clear, but today red blood.
I don't want any doc forcing a prog change on me as that will upset my GABA
Thanks for the testosterone, I thought about it but I just don't want to add anything to the mix.
My sweating is not too bad on the 50mcg of oestrogen gel.
I wonder if I should reduce it to 25mcg.
I plan to go to GP once bleeding and discharge stops, but it hasn't, and I just have too many worries.
I am possibly autistic so I get meltdowns due to stress, I am getting assessed for autism next month.
The meltdowns are dangerous I really hurt myself. That is another reason.
I don't want the doctor forcing me onto a different prog or taking hrt off me, its the fact that you only get 10 mins and that is with a double appointment.
I take notes, some of them read them through, but its the fact that they are in a rush that also scares me.

Dandelion

update and please also see post above
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 05:56:00 PM »

Hi

Please also see post above
I had extremely mild pelvic pain and dark brown on my pad today
I wonder if I should reduce my oestrogen to 25mcg
Doc said transvaginal ultrasounds unreliable for womb lining thickening when I went in June 2019
As post above says, situation complex, and double appointments are only 10mis
Thanks for any help
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11