Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does this sound like a kidney infection?  (Read 3810 times)

warwick01

Does this sound like a kidney infection?
« on: August 20, 2020, 12:00:47 PM »

Hi Ladies

Not well today - rang GP waiting for nurse to call me back. Just wondering if anyone thinks this could be a kidney infection??

Started having cystitis problems a few weeks ago, then when I went to the looe first thing in the mornings the burning when I finished was bad. Since last week I have had lower back pain and aches down both groins. First thought I had hurt it when I used my exersice bike. A few days ago couldn't even turn over in bed for hip pain. Last couple of days felt unwell (no temp) urine output a little restricted even though Im drinking lots.

Missed a couple of Oestrogel pumps last week too. So could this awfull pain be just another meno symptom??

Wx

Katejo

Re: Does this sound like a kidney infection?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 12:24:01 PM »

Hi Ladies

Not well today - rang GP waiting for nurse to call me back. Just wondering if anyone thinks this could be a kidney infection??

Started having cystitis problems a few weeks ago, then when I went to the looe first thing in the mornings the burning when I finished was bad. Since last week I have had lower back pain and aches down both groins. First thought I had hurt it when I used my exersice bike. A few days ago couldn't even turn over in bed for hip pain. Last couple of days felt unwell (no temp) urine output a little restricted even though Im drinking lots.

Missed a couple of Oestrogel pumps last week too. So could this awfull pain be just another meno symptom??

Wx
Are you also on local oestrogen?  I had symptoms similar to yours before starting Vagifem though less severe than yours sound. Have you tried dissolved bicarb of soda in water ? When I get a flare up of cystitis symptoms,  this usually  helps.

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 01:45:13 PM »

Anything that involves back pain should be investigated.  Kidney infections can tick away until they become acute, so make sure you give a urine sample.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 06:06:29 PM »

How did U get on?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »

Sounds like one to me. What did the doc say?
Hope you feel better soon. xx

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 06:11:44 AM »

It does sound like kidneys, especially with groin pain but it’s unusual (but not unheard of) for both kidneys to be affected.  It is usually one but if it’s left untreated I guess both can be affected.  Take a sample into dr to check, don’t leave it x

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 09:42:15 AM »

Morning Ladies

Thank you for your response.

GP rang, I wasn't allowed to drop a sample off so she prescribed AB. Feeling a little better but still suffering with groin pain, woke me this morning. Feeling really odd like anxious in the pit of my stomach and pumping in sweat every morning until about lunch time. Not sure if its a clue but a few days before this started only used 1 pump of gel which was almost at the end of the bottle. Got my script Friday so back on 2 pumps. Anxiety is off the scale now.....

Thanks again xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 11:30:57 AM »

"wasn't allowed" so how will the GP know which AB to prescribe  :-\.  ?

It's probably the 1 pump which has thrown your hormones out of kilter, it doesn't take long  >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 12:14:23 PM »

Warwick, he will have given you a broad spectrum AB.  If it doesn't to the trick you will need a Bug specific one, which happened to me.

With infection anxiety is often a symptom, along with sweats.  Hopefully you will feel better soon.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 02:33:07 PM »

B4 the ABs run out I would be ringing to see which surgery is actually open to see patients.  Infections should not be left to fester ...... I have an appt at our Surgery tomorrow, specific time and must wear a mask  :-\.  I'm not to take anything else with me ........   and there will be no magazines to take my mind off the appt.  >:(  ::)

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 09:34:25 AM »

Hello Warwick 01

Could it be that 2 pumps of gel were keeping sweating, anxiety and bladder issues at bay but your sudden low dose caused them to re appear? Of course you may have an infection as well but your other symptoms may also be hormone related.

Wishing you well.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »

Kathleen

I am wondering the same thing. Gone back to 2 pumps (cant seem to reduce less than 2 pumps) Things appear to be settling although after my first morning wee I get the burning. Still having mild ache in both hips first thing in the morning. Biggest issue is anxiety/nervous and panic. At 61 should I not be over this crap?? 10 years of suffering.

Thanks again Wx

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 03:47:14 PM »

Your surgery are bad.  I’ve had 2 infections since lockdown and my surgery wanted a sample to send to lab x

warwick01

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2020, 04:56:50 PM »

Annie

Yes I agree - but NOT surprised...... >:(

Wx

Kathleen

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »

Hello again warwick 01

You have my sympathy. I have also been on this ride for ten years so I know how you feel.

I am taking a break from HRT atm and I am no worse without it but unfortunately no better either. Do you find that  two pumps of gel usually controls your anxiety and other symptoms? I recall that Stellajane found that just  a 25mcg patch relieved her insomnia but without it her symptoms soon returned.

Hopefully you will find the solution to your bladder issues and begin to feel better.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

Pages: [1] 2