Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding/infection??/CA125  (Read 988 times)

Louellie

• First Flush
Bleeding/infection??/CA125
« on: August 18, 2020, 03:24:24 PM »

Hi all
I posted a few weeks ago. I'll recap - end Nov last yr I had mirena coil removed which I have had for many years and it was great as I had no periods. I'm now 56 so was told I wouldnt need another one. I have had no real symptoms of menopause either. Had a heavy bleed after removal a couple of weeks later which doc said was normal. Nothing at all until early June this yr and had a slight bleed so was referred to gynae as presumed post menopausal bleed due to age. Had hysteroscopy, 2 scans, small polyp removed and have slight thickening of lining but nothing too much. Was told all looked ok and had letter 4 wks later stating all tests/biopsies came back fine. That same day (july 28)I started bleeding again and this continued on and off for 2 wks when I then had a 'flooding' episode one evening. Rang doc who said I could have an infection and was given antibiotics and to have blood tests. Bleeding was much lighter after 'flooding' episode and stopped 2 days into taking antibiotics and had none since. Had telephone appt with doc this morning and he said my CA125 level was slightly raised which he thinks could have been due to infection but still wants me to have another pelvic scan to be sure but he is sure there is nothing to be concerned about. :-\. I'm having counselling for anxiety through my work since covid reared its ugly head and now I am extremely worried!. Has anyone any advice or any experience of similar?.
 I now feel sick with worry.

Kathleen

Re: Bleeding/infection??/CA125
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 05:46:10 PM »

Hello Louellie and welcome to the forum.

The fact that you recently had extensive investigations and all results  came back fine suggest nothing sinister is going on. CA125 can be raised by inflammation caused by an infection so it may be that you need another course of antibiotics.

I am sure other ladies will be along soon but in the meantime try not to worry (easier said than done obviously).

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 07:24:34 PM »

Antibiotics without examination AGAIN !  Why would heavy bleeding be caused by infection  :-\.  He would have done better to have prescribed medication to stop the bleed .

It may be that the 'slight thickening' came away in the flooding due to the Mirena being removed.  Apart from the worry how do you feel otherwise, like you've had a period?  Why draw attention to a slightly raised CA125 test now and not immediately?  It's probably because the GP is trying to find something to justify your bleeds? 

The Health Service is supposedly open for business but it doesn't sound like it.  Diagnosing any one with worries over the phone is, in my opinion, extremely dangerous.

Louellie

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »

Thank you Kathleen. It does help a little talking to others who may have had similar issues.

Just wondered...can you private msg on this forum??

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 09:43:27 AM »

New Members can't answer PMs. 

Nothing is taboo or OTT on here ;-).  I would want an examination and face2face discussion - do you ZOOM, some surgeries have employed that facility.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 12:11:42 PM »

Hello again Louellie

There is a personal messaging service on this forum and I think a new member has to post ten messages before they can use it. I hope I've got that right lol!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Louellie

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »

Thankyou both.

CLKD In my original post I mentioned I had a hysteroscopy and 2 scans in June - a small polyp removed and biopsies. All results were fine.
The recent bleed of 2.5 wks began the day I had the  results from this which was approx 4 wks after hysteroscopy - GP said it may be infection and the bleeding stopped whilst on the antibiotics I was given. Now waiting for a scan.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 01:42:01 PM »

Any idea of the waiting list time?