Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing to continuous HRT  (Read 671 times)

Michelle B

• First Flush
Changing to continuous HRT
« on: August 14, 2020, 03:57:58 PM »

Hi.
I'm new to the forum and after some advice. I began taking HRT 3 years ago after suffering peri symptoms. To cut a long story short I was given Elleste Duet 1mg which didn't improve my symptoms so was increased to 2mg which did improve things. Eighteen months ago I changed to Femoston 2mg due to supply issues with Elleste. I actually found I did better on this due to the different progestarone. I am now 55 and would like to go on to continuous Femoston but it would mean going back to 1mg. Has anyone else done this and if so did you have any problems.
Thanks
Michelle

Hurdity

Re: Changing to continuous HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 09:20:50 AM »

Hi Michelle B

:welcomemm:

Your post seems to have got missed  - it's August!

It's difficult to say how you will react to the sudden reducation in oestrogen as well as going onto continuous combined hRT. In your position I wouldn't change both things at once because if it doesn't work, you won't know the reason. How about gradually reducing to 1/10 Femoston ( maybe graudally reducing the oestrogen so you alternate 1 mg and 2 mg for a few weeks, before completely reducing to 1/10? Try this for a few months and if you feel OK then go for the 1 mg Femoston conti? Just a suggestion - I've never taken tablet HRT myself!

Hurdity x