Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi  (Read 1980 times)

JoJo42

Evorel Sequi
« on: August 13, 2020, 05:48:45 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I haven’t been here for a while. Have been doing really well on Femseven Sequi patches since my first visit to this site a few years ago when I first started HRT and had amazing support from the ladies on this forum during my “meno meltdown” when I thought I was going mad! Went on to develop the dreaded V.A, but that’s another story and seems to be under control now (touch wood). Had some issues when femseven went out of circulation the last time and then tried a conti HRT, but ended up back on sequi when it came back and all was well.

Anyway, this time with manufacturing issues with femseven, I have had to change to Evorel Sequi patches. Started on full patches, but then had problems with bloating and period-type pains (low back and tummy but no bleeding) and I ended up ripping the patch off. I came back here and had a surf around on the forum and found a thread where someone had similar problems and they went onto half patches. After a couple of weeks of no hrt and return of hot flushes etc I decided to try the Evorel sequi again and started cutting the patches in half. And...So far, so good!! No pains/side effects... and the flushes and sweats etc are all under control.
I was wondering if it is ok to stay on half patches indefinitely?? (I cut the evorel 50 patches AND the conti patches in half)  Grateful for any advice, Jo xxxx

scrubdub

Re: Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 06:44:20 PM »

I did it when I first started on patches and it worked well as I built up to the full patches. Think plenty do it so if you search around you will find some answers.  I ended up with a mirena coil  and gel eventually as I couldn't get the sequi. I think when the mirena has run its course I'll go back to the patches. I slept so well on them.

JoJo42

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »

Thanks, Scrubdub  :) It has definitely helped with the side effects. I will have another search through the forum. I’ve found a couple of threads where people have cut the sequi patches in half to start with before building up to full patch, but not found any where someone has stayed on half patches long term...will keep looking. I haven’t asked my Gp. Every time I have an appointment it turns into a battle when they start trying to say I can’t be on the patches at the same time as Vagifem...etc...etc...blah, blah, blah.  I love the patches. Femseven was brilliant for me. J xx
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 06:56:26 PM by JoJo42 »

sed

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 05:58:10 AM »

Thanks this post is so relevant.  I have only just started and having similar symptoms.  Will press on as much as I can over the next few weeks and see what happens as that is what is recommended and may suggest the same to my consultant when we next meet if things don’t improve or get worse.

JoJo42

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 08:32:46 AM »

Thanks Franny B. That’s great. I would like to stay on the half patch as long as it controls the symptoms. I do have a sneaking suspicion that although all is well just now it’s probably just a set-up by the universe and chances are it will all go pear-shaped again in the near future and I’ll need to increase to a full patch, or even go onto a different hrt altogether until the femseven returns...if it ever does. One thing menopause has taught me is that it’s no use trying to control this stuff...what will be will be...go with the flow...adapt...move on...

Thanks for your reply :)

J xxxx

JoJo42

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 08:37:34 AM »

Hope things improve for you, Sed. Last time the femseven went out of stock the Gp put me on Evorel Conti, but I started to have tummy ache and back/pelvic/hip ache with that too...like an ongoing period pain. Went for a scan at that time and everything was fine. The pain eased off in a few days when I removed the patch, but then the meno symptoms came back. The femseven came back into stock and I just went back onto that with no issues.

J xxx

JoJo42

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 08:48:59 AM »

Actually... just sitting here gazing, pondering, wondering...how long can can you stay on a sequi hrt for?? Anyone know?

I was peri-meno in my late thirties and started hrt age 42 when symptoms just exploded into the full-works: severe flushes and night sweats/ IBS/joint pains/pain in my achilles tendons/feeling dizzy/palpitations/extreme fatigue/crawling sensations in my skin...like standing in a bee hive! The list went on.

I am 51 now. Tried a conti but it didn’t suit me at all. I have no idea if I am post-meno or not. Before I started hrt my periods where all over the place...stop/start/stop/start...but I have never actually gone a full 12 months without a period...

J xxxx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 03:11:23 PM »

I started on evorel sequi half patches and gradually increased, on the advice of the menpause clinic. They said at my initial appointment they would be happy with me being on half patches indefinetly as it is a small dose.

sed

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »

Oh wow, that’s amazing.. I am only on the first part of the patches and nervous about the Conti part as I have read that that’s the worse for side effects mainly heightened anxiety  :'( and now I am anxious about being anxious

I wonder if it’s too late for me this month to cut that part in half?

How long have you been on them and how have they worked for you?

JoJo42

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 04:35:03 PM »

Thanks Shropshirelass, that’s good to know. I had a couple of weeks break from hrt and then started the half patch again a few weeks ago. I’m surprised that the symptoms and side effects have stayed under control so far. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everything stays stable, but have a back-up plan...just in case   ;D
xxx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 07:59:07 PM »

Oh wow, that’s amazing.. I am only on the first part of the patches and nervous about the Conti part as I have read that that’s the worse for side effects mainly heightened anxiety  :'( and now I am anxious about being anxious

I wonder if it’s too late for me this month to cut that part in half?

How long have you been on them and how have they worked for you?

I'm not an expert but I think it would be better to cut them in half at the start of the cycle eg when taking evorel 50 as this needs to be balanced with the progesterone. I increased to a full patch and this made a big difference to my stomach issues. I have now changed to evorel conti full patch and good on the whole apart from the bleeding. If the bleeding doesn't stop I will try reducing them to 3/4 and then 1/2 depending on symptom control.