Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Taz2  (Read 754 times)

charliegirl

Taz2
« on: August 27, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »

Hi again Taz, can’t seem to find the link we were talking on! I have been doing a bit of research on endometriosis after hysterectomy, and wondered if this could apply to me as still have ovaries. You said the hot sweats and low mood were due to lack of estrogen, so there is still a fluctuation in hormones going on at the moment. This would explain the pelvic and back pain as well. Don’t really think I had a UTI after all as no other symptoms really to speak of. Would like to know what you think as I value your opinion. Thanks.

Hurdity

Re: Taz2
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 05:38:52 PM »

I haven't seen your other conversation so I can't really comment but just bumping this for Taz to see so  that she might help if she can!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »

If you look at Taz2 profile you can follow her responses.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 07:17:36 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. I hadn't seen this. Sorry for not responding Charliegirl. I think the UTI part has been covered now in your other thread   :-\

Taz x

charliegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »

Hi again Taz, there doesn’t seem to be a UTI according to test, but as still having pms type symptoms low mood and hot flushes, could this mean am still having a drop in estrogen levels, as I have read this can continue into your seventies!

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 05:32:46 PM »

Yes the level will continue to drop and some women do get hot flushes etc when they are quite a few years post meno. The urinary symptoms can be banished by using a topical oestrogen such as vagifem which is available on prescription. I have only found HRT successful in alleviating my hot flushes but some women who can't use hrt are prescribed blood pressure medications such as clonodine or a low dose of SSRI antidepressants.

Taz x