Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and Discharge  (Read 854 times)

SusanMA

Vagifem and Discharge
« on: September 02, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »

Hi all
I recently tried Vagifem , after a week had terrible discharge, thick white/ yellow , thought it was thrush but not had any itchiness or soreness. I stopped the Vagifem as concerned discharge would contaminate  urine samples I needed to send off ( am being tested for embedded UTI ). Still some discharge happening , so did a test ( bought from boots ) to check ph to see if BV or thrush . PH is high which would indicate BV. I have already been diagnosed fairly recently with BV via swab test . I now feel unsure if discharge is thrush or not ? I am aware that you can have both BV and thrush at same time. I had no discharge before starting Vagifem and didn’t have any symptoms of BV. ( only found out had it because my nutritionist advised having a swab test done ) . I was using the oestrogen to improve microbiome in vagina and with hope it would help my persistent urethral burning. Have other people had discharge with Vagifem ?
Thanks
Susan

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem and Discharge
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 03:53:21 PM »

What treatment have you been given for BV?  If a swab is positive surely treatment is necessary  :-\. Why did your nutritionist recommend a swab? 

There will be discharge - what does up needs to come down?  It probably means that your vaginal moisture level is OK - do you have symptoms of vaginal atrophy?  MayB read the appropriate threads and those about bladder issues.  Make notes  ;). 4 me VA symptoms were like razor blades  :o up there .

Thrush thrives on sugars and lodges in the back passage.  4 me it was intense itching high up, too high to reach! After I had stopped taking the Pill.  I also had thrush after emergency surgery having been starved for 3 days on a drip, so prior 2 any elective surgery I would eat LIVE yoghurt to improve overall gut health.  It worked for me as did applying it to the vagina as it was soothing.