Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Worried about ovarian cancer  (Read 6370 times)

woohycn

Re: Worried about ovarian cancer
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 04:18:44 PM »

That's it!   Heartburn is more likely to be causing some of your problems.

4 me it's been intermittent since I was a young girl.  Lots of 'milk of magnesia' swallowed over the years  ::)

In more recent years I took 'Rennies' which really helped, however, I developed an associated cough so my GP gave me - of course, being menopause I can't remember the medication  ::) - the irritating 'clearing throat' reaction is present most days but not at night.  PHEW!

It doesn't matter what I eat ..... as soon as I lay down I can feel the excess saliva and burning ; sometimes I wake in the early hours with deep pain between my breasts but never down my L arm or I would be worried !

I don’t get it all the time but it does happen a lot for me and it hurts so bad.

My bloating has been really bad lately though, i ate a tiny bit this morning and my belly got huge so fast, it’s so annoying.

I took some paracetamol the other day which took the pain away for a couple of hours before it came back again, i hate taking tablets though so i can’t be bothered taking anymore :)

This might also be happening because i’m getting sick or something i don’t know?? because i’ve also had a blocked nose and have been feeling like shit these past few days as well.

I am going to ask the doctor for the CA125 bloodtest when they call me back though because i do have a few of the symptoms of ovarian cancer and i just want to reassure myself instead of googling it and being worried about it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »

Keep off Dr Google, he don't know nowt  ;)

At your age you should be getting on with Life not worrying  :'(.  What support do you have at home?

woohycn

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2020, 12:43:53 PM »

Ugh guys i’m really scared now, so i just weighed myself and it said 55.2kg, i have been trying to lose some weight for a while and the lowest i got on an empty stomach was 55.6kg so how do i randomly drop to 55.2kg when i’ve been eating so much.

I have most of the symptoms of ovarian cancer and have had really bad heartburn this week as well.

I feel like i have it now and i’m worried sick and don’t know what to do.

The hospital was supposed to call me back this month for a bone scan and more blood tests but i still haven’t heard back from them, i want them to call me back so i can ask for a CA125 test as well :(

Uptick

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2020, 01:35:39 PM »

Hi woohync, 0.4 kg could be due to fluids, not fat or muscle loss. If you're really concerned about ovarian cancer, register on Ovacome (Health Unlocked). There are wonderful ladies over there who can advise you on ovarian cancer. When you were diagnosed with premature ovarian failure, what scans and tests have been done?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 01:38:36 PM »

Ovacome - good web-site.  Go directly to the web-site.

What's the worst that could happen?   Have you asked your GP for blood tests, pointing out that the health service is open?

woohycn

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 01:40:48 PM »

Hi woohync, 0.4 kg could be due to fluids, not fat or muscle loss. If you're really concerned about ovarian cancer, register on Ovacome (Health Unlocked). There are wonderful ladies over there who can advise you on ovarian cancer. When you were diagnosed with premature ovarian failure, what scans and tests have been done?

I had lots of blood tests and then lastly they did an abdominal scan at the start of this year then i got diagnosed with it.

They said i would get called back 4 months later for a bone scan and a autoimmone disease bloodtest to see if that could have caused it.

Whenever i wake up i’m 56kg or more, the least i’ve been is 55.6kg but now after eating so much last night i’m 55.2kg, it doesn’t make sense to me.

woohycn

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2020, 01:42:08 PM »

Ovacome - good web-site.  Go directly to the web-site.

What's the worst that could happen?   Have you asked your GP for blood tests, pointing out that the health service is open?

I’m going to check it out now.

I’m going to call my gp today and ask them about the appointment and also tell them that i’m having ovarian cancer symptoms.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »

GP today?  It's Saturday .........  :-\

woohycn

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2020, 01:52:07 PM »

GP today?  It's Saturday .........  :-\

Oh shit, i forgot ;D

I’ll call them on monday, because this is just making my anxiety and depression worse.

I realised that i was having heartburn/indigestion for a week but i had some rennie tablets the other day and it’s stopped since then, it only happens at night sometimes.

Hopefully they tell me when the hospital is going to call me back and let me get the CA125 blood test. Even if it isn’t cancer, i just want to be sure because i’ve been feeling like trash these past 2 weeks.

Uptick

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2020, 01:57:38 PM »

I had lots of blood tests and then lastly they did an abdominal scan at the start of this year then i got diagnosed with it.

They said i would get called back 4 months later for a bone scan and a autoimmone disease bloodtest to see if that could have caused it.

Whenever i wake up i’m 56kg or more, the least i’ve been is 55.6kg but now after eating so much last night i’m 55.2kg, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Haven't they called you back because of Covid? Regarding weight loss, there are many other reasons for daily changes like fluid intake/retention, how many times you've been to the loo and different foods have different rates of digestion. As far as I know, evening bloating that doesn't go away in the morning is one sign of ovarian cancer (ascites), but if it does go away it's typical of menopause.

woohycn

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 02:47:46 PM »

Haven't they called you back because of Covid? Regarding weight loss, there are many other reasons for daily changes like fluid intake/retention, how many times you've been to the loo and different foods have different rates of digestion. As far as I know, evening bloating that doesn't go away in the morning is one sign of ovarian cancer (ascites), but if it does go away it's typical of menopause.

They said i would get called back 4 months later because of coronavirus but i still haven’t heard back from them yet.

My bloating does usually go down in the morning but these past 2 weeks it’s been kind of painful. It might’ve been because of the really bad heartburn/indigestion i was getting but apparently that is also a symptom of ovarian cancer.

woohycn

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2020, 03:28:26 PM »

I’ve been vegan for 3 years and i think the bloating started after my periods stopped. Usually things like pasta, rice and other carbs make it worse. Also fizzy drinks of course but it always went down when i woke up the next morning.

These past 2 weeks i’ve had really bad heartburn everyday and really bad bloating and when i googled it i saw ovarian cancer so i’ve been worried ever since :(

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2020, 04:57:20 PM »

Sorry: abdominal scan at the start of this year then i got diagnosed with it.  :

woohycn

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2020, 06:28:21 PM »

Sorry: abdominal scan at the start of this year then i got diagnosed with it.  :

Yeah, i was having blood tests for like 2 years and then i had that abdominal scan and at my next appointment they told me i had it. 

woohycn

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2020, 06:31:49 PM »

Fizzy drinks including sparkling water will aggravate heartburn and cause gas in the bowel so I'd definitely avoid.

The trouble with Google is it will always come up with worst case scenarios and when we're worried that's all we can think of.  Health anxiety is horrible and comes up a lot on here.

I wasn’t even drinking any when i had my heartburn so i don’t know why it was happening.

It really is, especially when you end up having most of the symptoms for something serious. I just want to have the blood test and make sure i don’t have it so i won’t have to be worried about it anymore. 

The heartburn has finally stopped now though after having it for a week straight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4