Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Abdominal pain  (Read 1199 times)

JulieDF

• First Flush
Abdominal pain
« on: August 17, 2020, 05:28:14 PM »

Hi everyone. I started HRT due to night sweats and bad anxiety.  It helped for a while but then seemed to wear off so the doctor increased the dose.  Now I'm on my second month of the new dose of  femoston 2/10mg.  Whilst the night sweats and anxiety have improved- I have chronic abdominal pain (sometimes it's like a burning sensation). I already knew that I had 3 small fibroids before I started HRT and I had a small cyst a year ago that burst. Is abdominal pain common with HRT? I'm going to ask for a scan to check if there are any changes.  Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Julie. X

Salad

Re: Abdominal pain
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:13:53 PM »

Hi  :)

I guess the HRT could affect the fibroids, which might cause problems.
 It’s good to follow it up though, as any abdominal pain shouldn’t really be left undiagnosed.

Let us know how you get on  :foryou:

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 08:37:26 PM »

Is it mentioned in the side effects? Might be worth checking the info leaflet. I know tablet HRT gives more digestive problems than gel or patch as these aren't metabolised by the liver so I could be related to the Femoston. Hope you feel better soon.

Taz x

Uptick

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 01:58:23 PM »

Hi JulieDF, where exactly is the pain? One specific spot or does it move around?

JulieDF

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 08:22:15 PM »

Hi.  The pain can be like a general uturine burning sensation or can be like a pressure on the pubic bone. For about a year I (occasionally) had extreme contraction like pain after jogging - this was even before HRT. I thought it was the fibroids but was told that they were small and should be symptom less.   

Uptick

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 07:47:11 PM »

Maybe you have pelvic floor dysfunction.