Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hayfever Help  (Read 1526 times)

Bobidy

Hayfever Help
« on: July 14, 2020, 06:47:02 PM »

Hi

Just wondering if there are any hayfever sufferers out there?

Do you have any tips to cope with symptoms?

Thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hayfever Help
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »

Not hay fever but similar, allergic to dust mite poo ........  I also have a low-grade reaction to cat dander but didn't realise until we were a non-cat house hold after 17 years.

Beconase nasal spray - I think it is available off prescription now.  I found if I used it too often my nose dried out so it's a bit of trial and error.  Or a non-drowsy anti-histamine. 

When DH gives our bedroom a Really Good Hoovering my sneezing is much less. So wet wiping surfaces might help too. 

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 07:56:53 PM »

I use the nose sprays,they seem to help more than the tablets,pirinase is the one I use  :)

Bobidy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 10:12:40 AM »

Thanks ladies x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 10:26:09 AM »

Let us know how you get on?

Penguin99

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 01:00:01 PM »

I bought some local honey ( has to be from your area) and it has really helped me, I take a teaspoon a day. I dont get the awful itch at the back of the throat anymore and symptoms very very mild. Works for me :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »

That does work.  Many years ago I bought pots from our honey lady which was grown within 3 miles of where I live. I began eating it every morning from Feb.. Worked like a dream, that scratching the roof of my mouth with my tongue stopped completely. 

I bought some grown 5 miles away and it didn't work  :-\.

I then 'went off' honey  ::)

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:05:52 PM »

Spirulina, which is a blue green algae powder, is supposed to help.

I bought some.  You are supposed to disguise it in chocolate milk or food somehow.  It is just like pond sludge really and it really hard to disguise.  So it is sitting on the worktop  ::)

I just use sterimar spray for my nose, cetrazine when things are bad, ibuprofen when sinuses are bad at bedtime (always eat something with it) and salt water gargle for my mouth and throat.

I have mostly a problem with tree pollen earlier in the year and stay in whilst it is bad.   And food - especially hazelnuts an apples and plums and more.