Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT or Qlaira?  (Read 1113 times)

Polpringle

HRT or Qlaira?
« on: July 14, 2020, 03:50:41 PM »

I’ve been on HRT for a few months but really struggling to get the balance right with Progesterone.
I’m 48 and late Peri the mood swings are seriously damaging my life now and I desperately need some normality back.
My moods have been bad for about 4/5 yrs but put it down to life events illness nursing mother through cancer etc.... my husband left me 2 yrs ago for someone else 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I’m in a new relationship and my moods are starting to affect it now.
Does anybody have experience with the Qlaira has it helped with moods as I’ve heard it can help

Hurdity

Re: HRT or Qlaira?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 07:24:06 AM »

Hi Polpringle

I'm always recommending this product but there is very little feedback. I think those who go on to use it don't post on this forum. There was a member a few years ago called Briony who reported about it but can't remember anyone since. Surely it's worth a try? It should stop the worst of the mood swings because it suppresses the cycle but the amount of oestrogen in the pill varies throughout the month. However I think there are only 2 days without oestrogen and the progestogen is one of the more modern types (not an expert on these!).  From what I recall it takes a few months to completely suppress the cycle so you need to give it a good go....As you are still young I would try it while you can! If so then do let us know how you get on.

Hurdity x

StroppyNic

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 12:59:17 PM »

I was on Qlaira for approx 3 years until GP forced me on different pill a few months ago, due to age,55.   Whilst on Qlaira i felt great, no real down side, would definitely go back to it if i could.

Think the other posters comments are right, i’m only back on site as new pill (cerazette) making me feel horrid
Nx

anon2021

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 02:37:08 PM »

I’m taking Qlaira. I’m 51. I started on bio identical  hormones at 47 but as I’m peri still I just couldn’t find a dose that worked for me so I was advised to try Qlaira. Been on it for a good while now. Haven’t looked back. It seems a much more even dose of bio hormones for me and I go back to back on my packs (missing out the two placebo pills) so no period (was told that this is perfectly fine to do). Occasionally I do go ahead and take them  and have a barely there 1 or 2 day bleed.

My mood on this is great (no rage or fluctuation), used to have flooding periods, no more! I still have the odd tearful moment (but we are in lockdown!) and I occasionally get painful boobs (ibuprofen gel is advised) I know everyone is different and it’s finding out what suits you. But I cannot recommend this highly enough. Thank you Hurdity!!

anon2021

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 02:42:55 PM »

Sorry also meant to say the only thing I struggle with is sleep. Nothing to do with Qlaira.

But I’ve been an insomniac for 20 years so occasionally I “sleep train” myself stay up a bit later (have no problem falling asleep just STAYING asleep!), then a sleep app and a Nytol or herbal sleeping pill for 3-5 nights and can usually get some semblance of pattern back but even when I was taking Utrogestan at night - initially orally (didn’t get on with it all all) - latterly vaginally (slightly better) - I still slept badly.

I’ve tried everything but I really am just a dreadful sleeper and easily get out of a pattern!

MadameOvary

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 04:29:21 PM »

I'm on Qlaira. I haven't tried hrt so can't compare. There's another thread on here all about Qlaira and Zoely. I'm only on 2nd month and finding it very good so far. It hasn't completely solved my insomnia but my anxiety, rage, low mood etc are all so much better.