Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Postmenopausal on HRT since April but having painful period :(  (Read 1954 times)

KittyKats

Re: Postmenopausal on HRT since April but having painful period :(
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »

Hi CLKD, the pain has eased. Just hope I haven't grown a big fibroids or worse on the Estrogel but been on such a low dose. Well I guess a scan will reveal all  :o x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 06:22:45 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

KittyKats

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 01:37:20 PM »

Hi - just wanted to update that I have had a consultation with the gynaecologist and she thinks I've had a natural period which apparently can happen in a random fashion. As I started the HRT on continuous 10 months after my last natural period she said my body has probably overridden the hormones. Just to be certain that the estrogel is not stimulating my fibroids she is arranging an ultrasound scan. I will update after that. Hopefully all will be ok. Paws crossed!

KittyKats

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »

Hello Ladies!

Just to update. I had my ultrasound and some of my fibroids are a bit bigger and some are a bit smaller so they have said I can continue on HRT but need to be monitored and have another scan in 12 months. The gyn thinks I have started having periods again after a 13 month gap as I had another bleed a month after the first one! She said although there is guidance of the menopause transition being one year after the last period real life people don't always follow the rules and it can be pretty random up to age 52.

The bad news is she wants me to change the Utrogestan from vaginal to oral as she said it is not licensed to be used this way and might not offer me long term uterine protection. This is something I wanted to avoid  :-\

Also she wants me to take sequential for a year which means I would need to take TWO utrogestan for 12 days of the month. I really hope it's a smooth transition as I wanted to stick to the vaginal route!

x
Pages: 1 [2]