Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 845 times)

Rubysnanny

• First Flush
« on: August 10, 2020, 03:09:54 PM »

Hi
I am 53 and 7 months. I have been on Noriday for years so don’t have periods. Not sure where I am but definitely peri. I have had two bleeds recently. dark blood and clotting also period pains and lower back ache.

I have night sweats, insomnia, am super sensitive etc
The worst thing is anxiety which I have suffered with for 13 plus years but the last two have been horrendous. I have just been offered escitalopram which I am reluctant to start because the start up side effects Of ads  are awful For me. I have been in citalopram and sertraline in the past.

My questions are - is the bleeding normal
Would hrt help with anxiety even if I had it before peri?

Thank you for reading

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 04:01:22 PM »

Hi!  What does it suggest on the leaflet in the box?  or maybe put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

I take escitalopram for depression not anxiety.  There are dedicated anti-anxiety medications.  I had no problems with either citalopram or escitalpram .  I was worried about nausea.

If U had anxiety as part of the cycle I don't think that HRT would ease it.  If this is more recently then it may well be hormonal.  Some require HRT and ADs ..........

If you have had break-through bleeding maybe a scan of the womb lining is in order, something that your GP should be arranging B4 prescribing anything.