Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vaginal atrophy?  (Read 1011 times)

Hwmou

• First Flush
Vaginal atrophy?
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:01:52 PM »

I'm new and really confused! Due to Covid it's almost impossible to get seen in gyny! 2-3 month wait!

My story is this...

I had the depo injection and came off it a few years ago I was fitted with a coil and the Dr noticed I was lacking Estrogen and it was really clearly quite bad (Pale) she gave me vagifem and I never thought anything of it....

For the last 3 months I've had a discharge, they said it looked just like thrush but 3 swabs later they all came back negative along with all the other stuff they test for too! I bleed a little during sex and it's itchy down there and BURNS quite a lot! It feels swollen and sore, I get cramps and pains. It can be dry.

Does anyone have the same symptoms and have vaginal atrophy?

Feel like I'm going mad!

I've tried vaginal moisturiser, bathing in baking soda, use PH neutral soaps,PH pessaries

The Dr has referred me to have a colposcopy, I imagine it will take a long time for this!

I can't go private they aren't taking anyone on  :o

Bethany

• First Flush
Re: Vaginal atrophy?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 08:32:48 PM »

i hope im not intruding but your symptoms sound similar to mine and i have Morphea, a bit like Lichen Sclerosis, I use Betnovate cream and it eases the itching and soreness. might be worth asking a pharmacist if this would help until get your appointment.

Hwmou

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »

Hi Bethany

Do you get that internally?

Bethany

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »

It started on my chest  and neck, a biopsy came back as Morphea, doc said it would never go but when i goggled it i found that in some cases it just disappears, and thats what happened to me, it just went...down below! Doc saw the rash and swelling when i had my last smear and gave me Betnovate, which really helps. I dont think it has gone deep inside but not been checked. I had been using over the counter stuff before with no luck. However betnovate can thin the skin so you have to be a bit careful so thats why i suggest checking if it is ok for you.