Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post Meno at 61.... return of symptoms WHY??  (Read 2795 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post Meno at 61.... return of symptoms WHY??
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 06:30:33 AM »

Jules - how is your diet?  If you are picking up and putting down a 2 year old who is probably up and running, no wonder you feel light headed.  Sudden movements can make us giddy .  Do U have other symptoms that bother you enough to try HRT?

warwick01

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 01:00:37 PM »

Jules55

Light-headedness - feeling off balance and as if Im going to faint is something I've lived with for a long time. This seems a little better but replaced with the other symptoms esp Anxiety. god know what I would do if I still was working >:(

Take Care Wx

jules55

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 09:11:28 PM »

CLKD

I do try and eat a healthy diet, I have never had breakfast, so have lunch around 12, and dinner later, I am aware I have long gaps between meals, so have started to have snacks in between aswell.
Going back 14 years or so I went the doctor's with all these symptoms of being lightheaded, shaky inside, hot flushes, been anxious all the time etc. He did all the tests, bloods, ECG, and everything came back normal, so he decided I had anxiety, and put me on propranolol 80mg a day, which I still have, and to be honest has been fine. I think though that perhaps all those years ago I was in the  peri menopause stage, and didn't know much about it then tbh, and should have had hrt instead. Now all these symptoms have reappeared lately,so not sure why. I was hoping to stop taking the propranolol , but not sure now. I think looking after little ones, and having  3 parents in there 90,s  to run around after, I forget my age and think I can still do things I did when I was a lot younger! Lol xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »

Hi Warwick

Just a thought, but have you changed your shower gel or bath bubbles? Only asking because I know that moisturising shower gels are designed to leave a barrier on your skin - and this definitely affects your absorption of Estrogel.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 04:31:47 PM »

>wave< GRL

jules55- are you able to begin delegating with regards the over 90s?  Always wise to have back up on an 'in case' basis  :D.  Eases the worry side of them ..........

warwick01

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 06:03:52 PM »

GRL

Yes I have changed shower gel >:( >:( never thought of that. I was just thinking today it feels like my Oestrogel has stopped working. Was wondering if it had gone off with the hot weather.

Other things changed are:
Using more Soya milk
Drinking coffee which I never did.
Using different body lotions

Thanks for that Wx

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 06:53:22 PM »

I can't tolerate coffee, love the smell but it makes me feel very very sick  :-\

Maybe don't use bubble bath etc. to see if there is a difference?

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2020, 08:01:34 AM »

GRL

Yes I have changed shower gel >:( >:( never thought of that. I was just thinking today it feels like my Oestrogel has stopped working. Was wondering if it had gone off with the hot weather.

Other things changed are:
Using more Soya milk
Drinking coffee which I never did.
Using different body lotions

Thanks for that Wx

Hi there warwick!  - somewhat belatedly just to add- do cut down on the caffeine as it can have quite dramatic effects and also give rise to some of the symptoms you describe. Do it gradually so you don't get withdrawal.

Hurdity x

warwick01

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »

Thanks Hurdity

I got bloods taken this morning so lets see if any issues with Thyroid.

I thing GRL made a good point - I have been applying additional perfumed moisturiser on getting out of shower prior to applying Oestrogel. It just feels to me as if I'm not getting any benefit from HRT or it's stopped working. Will go back to applying gel straight after my shower, cut out coffee and see what happens.

It's 10 years since I felt myself..... does it ever get better???

wxx
Pages: 1 [2]