Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Atrophy improving slowly  (Read 1117 times)

Midnight Shadow

Atrophy improving slowly
« on: July 06, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »

On the advise of a lady Doctor I went to see a lovely nurse for a vaginal swab to check for infections and had a check for UTI. Fortunately and I am pleased to say the results have all come back clear. The nurse thought Il ooked very healthy externally so thought my problems may be internal. Now using Ovestin internally which is soothing.  I am having slightly better days. I just wish I could use a moisturiser that didn't burn for when I have spent a penny.  Can anyone recommend one. I am grateful for the good days, but need the HRT and Ovestin to continuously work now for improvements.  Only been on the HRT six weeks so early dayd.  This ailment is wretched for all us menopausal ladies. Wish there was a quick fix.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Atrophy improving slowly
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 04:04:03 PM »

Have you tried 'vaseline' - applied around the urethra prior to a pee to help the urine slide over the sore area?

How is the colour of your urine?

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »

Thanks CKLD, no haven't tried vaseline. Urine is very pale straw colour. Thanks for responding.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 04:59:29 PM »

You probably aren't drinking enough which will make urine acidic which  :o  stings  :o

Up your liquid intake after breakfast and wee (see? ) how you feel  ::)

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 05:08:18 PM »

Thanks again. You sound just like my sister. She said about half an hour ago, "your're not drinking enough". I had better start listening and do something about it.;D  I do after all have three kidneys. New regime starts right now.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 06:31:05 PM »

Or make lots of lollies from fresh fruit brought from the farm shop to freeze.  Nicer on a hot day ;-)

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »

That is promising news, Midnight.  Keep hanging in and the days will get better.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 08:28:43 PM »

Thank you. Nice to have a few better days than none at all. Will keep crossing everything. Took nearly 7 months last time to ease. At least I don't have to work.