Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Weak & wobbly  (Read 740 times)

Joh

• First Flush
Weak & wobbly
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:34:47 AM »

Hello & thanks for letting me join 😊 finding my way around but just wanted to say that as a 3 times a week runner who has been hit with crushing fatigue due to perimenopause, it's affecting physical & mental health. Been on fluoxetine for low mood for 2 years but now wondering whether to come off it & try Agnus Castus instead. My mum swore by it. Any comments would be brill. Thanks 😊

Sparrow

Re: Weak & wobbly
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 07:42:10 AM »

Hi JoH,

I would say that crushing fatigue was the worst symptom I had during peri.  Mine mainly occurred around the time of a period, but not always.  It was horrendous in the Last two years of peri.

You may find Agnus Castus helps. I took it on and off but it didn't help in the last two years. 

Do you have fatigue at particular times?  It may help to keep a diary so you can plan your activities to avoid peaks.

Take care
Shadyglade

Joh

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 07:54:43 AM »

Thanks for your reply Shadyglade,

The fatigue used to be just after my period (every 3 weeks or so) but now it seems to be random and more often than not!  I'm getting nausea with it too. Working from home due to lockdown means I can manage it better but will be going back to driving 2-3 hours day for a commute soon, plus being at work is really worrying.  I'll start a diary - thanks for that!

JoH

AG

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 09:36:22 AM »

Hi JoH,

This sounds familiar to me, myself likely near post meno now, also running but had to cut back massively due to fatigue. It may be worth checking thyroid function, vitamin D etc also. I have been having spells of dizziness and nausea and this can be very tricky when having to go out to work and driving especially. Trying to keep some form of exercise even walking at times has helped me. HRT helps some people but I do seem to be not one of them. Wishing you all the best. AG

Joh

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 11:05:27 AM »

Thanks AG.

I had my 50 year old NHS check/blood tests just before lock down and they lost some of my bloods so I need them doing again but of course, that is tricky right now with the pandemic.  I have wondered about thyroid so your reply has prompted me to phone the drs for an appointment.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

JoH