Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston conti 0.5/1.5  (Read 665 times)

J butler

Femoston conti 0.5/1.5
« on: July 01, 2020, 07:36:48 PM »

I have been taking femoston conti 0.5/1.5 I'm post menopause age 55 for 2 weeks great then headaches and couldn't sleep ,Dr said it's to strong but it's the lowest dose don't know what to do could I split the tablet or take 1 every other day so fed up with with all of this any body in this position.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Femoston conti 0.5/1.5
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »

Hi J Butler......... :welcomemm:

I'm on Femoston conti, been on it for a few years now, and at first, it gave me terrible headaches too, and really bad pain behind my left ear, 🤷‍♀️ .
It takes a while, up to 6 months to see if they settle down, ( mine took longer than that, but everything else improved, so I stuck with it) , I'm now on 1 and a half mg, sometimes 2 mg. I alternate because the prog in it gives me side effects.
Stick with it if you can, it may settle, and if not, yeah, try it on alternate days. I would, it's all trail and error anyway, to see what and is, the best that suits us.
There's others to try anyway. That's if you wanted to.
Sorry about the sleep. I'm sure someone else will be on with suggestions for that one.
Keep posting, let us know how your getting on.
Good luck with it. Maybe take painkillers for the headaches. ☹️

Jd xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Oh forgot to say, maybe post in the New Members Thread?
Introduce yourself in there, you'll get more replies.

Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 01:10:21 PM »

Hi J Butler

:welcomemm: from me too.

The headaches could be due to taking continuous progestogen? Some women do get side effects from this. It is not a high dose! Either give it a while longer to settle as jillydoll sugests or you could try the Femoston 1/10 for a couple of months, to see if it is the progestogen cuasing your problems. This would give you a withdrawal bleed but at least you would know how you felt on oestrogen only and then when adding the progestogen? Good luck :)

Hurdity x