Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - Not Available, any suggestions?  (Read 1219 times)

ChristinaG

Evorel Sequi - Not Available, any suggestions?
« on: June 29, 2020, 10:52:41 PM »

Hi Folks

I was doing great on Evorel Sequi and then the shortages started. The Doctor changed me to Elleste Duet - which was ok, but not as good as the patches. However, they also became unavailable and for the last three months I have been on Femoston and I am not convinced they are working effectively - the night sweats, anxiety and not sleeping are all back  :(.

Before I ask for a repeat prescription, I wondered if anyone was in the same situation? Do you think all the chopping and changing of treatments is making the Femoston ineffective and I should stick with it? Or would you look to change to another treatment? 

Alternatively, anyone has an insight when Evorel will be routinely in circulation again? When it becomes available I want to return to using the patches, they made such a positive difference to my quality of life.

Any thoughts or feedback greatly received.

Thanks

Cals

Taz2

Re: Evorel Sequi - Not Available, any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:08:31 AM »

Hi ChristinaG. I'm not sure on whether the Femoston is right for you but the good news is that Evorel Sequi is reported as being available having been relaunched by Theramex on the 1st June.

Hurdity posted this link for us https://thebms.org.uk/2020/06/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-20th-june-2020/

I would phone your pharmacy to see if it is available and then ask the GP to change you back to Evorel Sequi.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :)

Zara69

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »

Hi I just got 3 months Evorel sequi patches they are available now

ChristinaG

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 08:47:51 PM »

Hi Guys

Taz2 and Zara69 - you have positively made my day because even if the pharmacy doesn't have it now -it is coming soon! Phoning the Pharmacy in the morning - whoohoo

I am so happy to be getting my life back (again!).

Thanks, both :0)

Cals

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 11:12:22 PM »

:foryou:

Taz  x :)

ChristinaG

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 03:09:26 PM »

Hi All,

Just a wee update. I called the Pharmacy and they have none in stock and can't get them ;0). Guessing, perhaps because I am in Scotland.

However, on a positive, the Pharmacy said they had one packet and would keep them for me! So, I have has the doctor to place the repeat prescription with the Pharmacy and just praying that they can get some more when the box runs out!

I will let you know how I get on, bot in terms of availability and if they made a difference again to my symptoms.

Thanks again.

Cals

Mini2005

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 03:21:45 PM »

Hi ChristinaG,

I was having trouble filling my prescription for Evorel Sequi and phoned the GP eventually and asked for something else similar.  He made some calls and rang me back to say that he could change the precription to two separate items - Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti.  The pharmacy had these in stock and I just have to use 4 from each box in a month.  You may already have asked them this question but it worked for me.  I now have lots in stock  :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »

Great advice Mini2005.

Taz x  :thankyou:

dynamodi

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 04:38:53 PM »

Hi ChristinaG and all,

My experience echoes yours very much except that I only persevered with the Femoston for 10 days. I was on Evorel Sequi patches which went out of stock so they gave me Femoston.
Horrendous. Extremely anxious, bordering on having a panic attack which I've never had. Night terrors - waking up shouting and almost screaming 3 times in one week. Frightened the life out of my other half. Imagine being woken by a demented woman screaming in your ear at 3 in the morning.

I knew I needed to get some Evorel patches or it was cold turkey because I wasn't going to take any more of those tablets. So yesterday I started ringing local pharmacies and then after some excellent advice from a member of this forum, I started asking for Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti as well as Evorel Sequi. Fortunate for me that I did as there was no Evorel Sequi to be had (at all) but I did drop on some Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti which I now have in my possession.  ;D I had phoned almost 10 pharmacies in the process. The one I got them from was a small independent pharmacy in a neighbouring village.

I'm glad you managed to get a pack. Maybe you will have to do some ringing round before your current pack runs out. It shouldn't have to be like this, I know. Talk about inducing further stress and anxiety.

Take care and all the best,
D x

robotwars

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »

Hi Mini2005 thats what i do as i was unable to get the sequi.....