Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: We are not crazy!!! Oestrodose and Oestrogel differences confirmed!!!  (Read 9571 times)

Bobidy

Any HRT regime is so individual to each woman and we all react differently. This is something I didn't realise.

Arguing with someone who thinks it's codswallop is pointless and I can't be bothered.

If you know it affects you then it affects you. Who is to say it doesn't. All I want is a way for ladies to be proactive and be able to take action if they need to with some helpful resources rather than feeling helpless and having to put up and shut up.

X

Jeepers

I was reading today about all the women who were not listened to or believed over the vaginal meshes and other treatments,

I'm not saying this is the same thing, but it's a bit rubbish that women continue to be disbelieved. 

Even if the product is the same, the fact is that many women have noticed that it doesn't work for them. And to be dismissed is really adding to the negative experience of menopause.

Just sayin...

Jeepers xx

Bobidy

Yes, I think we can all agree to disagree with a lot of this awful time of life (lots of good stuff to though).

I think we all want the best for each other and want to help in any little way we can. If something I offer up helps just one lady I'm very happy and proud x

LaraOrchid

• First Flush

Thanks Bobity.  I have just reported all my side effects from using Oestrodose for the past 6 weeks to the yellow card system.  I was fine on Oestrogel for the previous year as all symptoms had gone.  Literally every single one is back now!  Very disappointed with body identical HRT at the moment.  Going to order some private tests to check my hormone levels to see if Oestrodose has reduced my oestrogen levels.  This product is very different - very strong smelling and watery.  Thanks for posting this.  I have listened to Liz Earleā€™s podcast which was updated again yesterday. 

Julia Dizzy

Hi,
When I first went on HRT 9 months ago, I was given Estrogel by the pharmacy by my Meno clinic which lasted one month.

Since then for the past 8 months I have been on Oestrodose with the label stuck on top, as that is the version my own pharmacy has been giving me. I hadn't been feeling much better and actually came off HRT 2 months ago to see how I felt.
BUT the VA and hot flushes got worse again so I did a bit more reading on here and found issues regarding the gels.

I read with interest Dr Louise Newson's article on her Menopausedoctor website as mentioned by Bobidy.

I printed out the article along with a picture of the Estrogel bottle and took it to my pharmacist who very kindly agreed to order the correct one. So I have now resumed my HRT 5 days ago using Estrogel and have noticed it is a different consistency and seems smoother?
The Oestrogel seemed to be more watery with bubbles in it and came out spluttery?

Donna-paul I know some on here say there is no difference, but I shall see if I notice any difference in my symptoms like you?

Jane50

Hi all,
I have been using oestrogel with great success for the last 10 months. Today I was given oestrodose for the first time by the pharmacist. Having read all the bad experiences ladies on this site have had with it I asked to be given my prescribed oestrogel. He told me it was the same. I told him about all the bad experiences ladies have had on it and I didn't want to take chances with it. He then said and I quote ' Don't take this the wrong way but its probably down to placebo effect.'  I asked if he was suggesting menopausal women were imagining their symptoms and that my symptoms were severe enough for me to have to stop work. I responded by saying, 'Don't take this the wrong way but you're a man!'. I basically have to wait now to get a new prescription and take it to a different pharmacist who isn't an offensive, condescending jerk . Outrageous!

Tinkerbell

I have been told by one pharmacy that there is no difference but the one i now go to, they always order in the Estrogel for me, said i wasn't the only one who had complained about a return of symptoms. Fortunately she just listened and said she would note on my records that i preferred the Estrogel, she has been true to her word and i get that every time now without having to request it.

Hurdity

Well this story is going to run and run. As yet there have been no confirmed differences whatsoever from what I understand, but reporting under the yellow card scheme will determine if there is any funny business going on with parallel importers. Julia Dizzy - the pump mechanism is a whole different area, although the dosage will have been tested by Besins or if a parallel importer, the product licence would surely not have been granted if not exactly the same gel dose dispensed?

The main thing is - if you want one with packaging named as oestrogel, or packaging named as oestrodose - depending on preference, then ask for it!

Hurdity x

lillith112

Just want to add that Oestrodose over 2 months has not given me a monthly bleed, just a  tiny bit of spotting and no pad needed, it's also given me mid cycle spotting and the most horrific vaginal and bladder atrophy that has made it almost impossible for me to leave the house. Friday I'm off for a urodynamic test. I was fine for 8 months on patches.  :'(.

Lillith.
Pages: 1 2 [3]