Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Willie Thorne critically ill  (Read 2291 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Willie Thorne critically ill
« on: June 16, 2020, 06:40:18 PM »

Former snooker star and BBC commentator Willie Thorne has been placed into an induced coma in hospital after suffering respiratory failure.

The 66-year-old, who was diagnosed with leukaemia in March, was taken to hospital in Spain last week with dangerously low blood pressure.

Thorne reached two World Championship quarter-finals during his career.

A GoFundMe page set up to help pay for Thorne's treatment had passed ?17,000 by Tuesday afternoon.

"The doctor called me yesterday to inform me that on Sunday Willie went into respiratory failure and he is now in an induced coma and mechanical ventilation," wrote Thorne's carer Julie O'Neill.

"They are treating him with three different antibiotics for three types of infections, which appear to be consuming him at this time.

Two hoots

Re: Willie Thorne critically ill
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 06:54:38 PM »

Oh sorry to read this, snooker was so popular when I was growing up the players were big stars.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 08:55:15 PM »

Oh sorry to read this, snooker was so popular when I was growing up the players were big stars.
  Yes I remember him too from that era. I got quite into snooker for a few years even though I only had a black and White TV!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 08:58:35 AM »

:'(.  died over night.  RIP