Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 170522 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: Cycling
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2010, 03:01:48 PM »

CLKD - that's the good thing about t'internet .... getting to hear about things! ;)
I hadn't heard of Brashers, so I'll google.

If you google Terra Plana Barefoot you'll see what I'm talking about.  I saw them on the Joanna Hall website and could order them off there but I really want to try some on first!  I hate sending things back if they're not a good fit.

I think my walking boots are 15 years old and they're Hoggs.  They are SO comfy and the leather and soles are still fine.   A few months ago I thought they'd walked their last mile because the inside of the heel lining was all worn away and not comfy.  I took them to a shoe mender and he said "no prob" and sewed in a whole new suede liner at the back and I was thrilled.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »

I've tramped 5 mins on the tread-mill, dusting it as I walked.  It has an incline which makes it as hard work as I want.  Need to find the book to remind myself of how all the gadgets work!  Phew  ::)

ladyjane

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »

I've just ordered some Hi-Tec V-Lite Scirocco Ladies Walking sandels from Trekware, they look very comfortable and very stylish, I do a lot of walking,  a lot of it up hill and always on the lookout for comfortable walking sandals for summer.
ladyjane

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2010, 11:24:21 PM »

I'm the proud owner of a pair of Asics trainers now.  I had gait analysis (are you all impressed ;D ;D) and they feel really comfy.

I have started running hence the need for suitable footwear. 

CLKD

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2010, 07:58:49 AM »

Running is bad for us!  Impact fractures and all that  ::) - brisk walking is better overall.  I'm going on the treadmill before breakfast!  

I did 5 mins, with incline.  After breakfast I cleaned out the chickens' run then washed my Toyota.  Phew!  5/10?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:10:41 AM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2010, 06:18:41 PM »

5 mins CLKD? How far is that then  ;D ;D ;D

Taz x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2010, 07:54:30 PM »

Running is bad for us!  Impact fractures and all that  ::) - brisk walking is better overall.  I'm going on the treadmill before breakfast!  

I did 5 mins, with incline.  After breakfast I cleaned out the chickens' run then washed my Toyota.  Phew!  5/10?

That's not the current thinking CLKD.  I've been reading up on it. I already do plenty of very brisk walking which I love and I cycle 5-15 miles several times a week.  However, I've got to a point with walking that I actually feel I "want" to run.  I'm listening to my body! ;)  I spoke to GP and he had no objections. I've got the trainers and a good sports bra and some great music to listen to and I've been out several times now.  Don't imagine we're talking MILES  ;D ;D I'm taking it very slowly and cautiously. :)

I walked the Race for Life last year and there were women loads older than me who were running it and I fancied a go.

Actually it is said that if you have a sedentary lifestyle you will do more damage to your legs than if you attempt running.

CLKD

« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »

.19km I think ...........  :) far enough for this week.  Yesterday I forked over the garden, quite hard work so I worked up a sweat ........

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »

Lidl have today got the cycling bargains in - so if you need anything head there quick!

I got some new cycling capris and they are superb - £5.99 they are beathable, non-sweat, beautifully made and the last pair I had from there must be 7 or 8 years old and are still like new.  They have been washed literally hundreds of times.  :)  They've also got gloves, helmets, bike hoists, shorts, waterproof cycling jackets, vests, socks, bike lights etc.

kateadams

« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »

Hi Bramble, just found the forum. I used to do a lot of cycling and am keen to start again. May have problems with aching knee joints! I would welcome the programme you mention if you would like to pass it on.  Good luck with the continued weight loss, that's what i'm hoping for as well as enjoying being outside. :)

Gordysgirl x

Bckquine

« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2010, 11:49:19 PM »

Hi everyone

My partner and I have bought some bikes with the intention of trying to get fit, but reading about the weight loss has really inspired me.  Roll on the better weather so we can get started!

CLKD

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »

We saw people cycling up and down in the Lakes, places where I was struggling to walk  ::) - why?  They staggered into the pubs all hot and sweaty  ??? - and were going to do it again the next day!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2010, 07:53:05 PM »

Because it's FUN CLKD ;)  Sense of achievement etc etc. :)  Whizzing back down those hills is great too.

I went out early yesterday morning (6.30ish) and it was fabulous.  I did about 15 miles and didn't meet one car.  When I was nearly home a young lad about 15 rode past me and then did some showing-off by doing no-handers. ::) I was sorely tempted to chase after him & do the same to him.  Then I remembered I'm a ladeeee!! ;D

CLKD

« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2010, 08:32:27 PM »

;D I enjoy cycling on flat land where I can actually see the scenery, rather than having to watch where I'm putting my wheels ....... I bet they cycle up to the top of Helvellyn these days  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2010, 07:43:26 AM »

Bump  ;) that's what I did when I fell off  :-\ ::)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 82