Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 170047 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cycling
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »

...........    a sparrowhawk beside the path unfortunately munching on one of those rabbits, a deer and a red squirrel!  ...... "  one very fat sparrowhawk unable to fly   ???

bramble

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »

Not sure if it was a sparrowhawk - not too good on birds - but definitely a raptor of sorts!
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »

You missed my drift ...............  ::)

I haven't seen 'our' sparrowhawk for weeks.  I did see a kestrel hovering whilst Hubby and I were walking at the weekend, I was too tired to cycle  ??? so we stepped out.  When I think how easily I found cycling in my teens and 20s ............ now it's easier to walk  ;D

bramble

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2009, 12:07:01 PM »

Sorry CLKD, got you now that I have read it again. Yes, it would have been a very fat sparrowhawk as well as very big if it had taken down a deer!!!!
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2009, 04:05:27 PM »

It was worrying about Cat that made your mind not keep up with my thread , gosh that's good English - not  ::)

How far have we been today?  It's blown hard and thundered here so kept my head down ..... bike indoors ....... caught up with chores which kept me active then went to see a friend who has been on her X-trainer and had a 40 min swim this morning, all before 11.00 a.m.!  >:(

bramble

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2009, 06:12:12 PM »

Not been on my bike today (did 14 miles yesterday though!). Have put my bike in for a service. Silly me - I thought it would be like the car except an awful lot quicker ie do it while I wait! Noooooooooo. One shop wanted it all week! The one I have put it into today says I should get it back at 3pm tomorrow!! I thought I would get it back the same day!!! The world of cycling is vast and mysterious! So hoping to get out tomorrow night if it is dry. It has pelted down with rain here all day today. Garden is flattened!
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »

Anyone watching the Tour de France?  It's on one of those 'outter channels'  ::) ......... once I get my thigh muscles better toned I will be keener to go on the cycle more regularly .............

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »

Not been on my bike today (did 14 miles yesterday though!). Have put my bike in for a service. Silly me - I thought it would be like the car except an awful lot quicker ie do it while I wait! Noooooooooo. One shop wanted it all week! The one I have put it into today says I should get it back at 3pm tomorrow!! I thought I would get it back the same day!!! The world of cycling is vast and mysterious! So hoping to get out tomorrow night if it is dry. It has pelted down with rain here all day today. Garden is flattened!
Bramble

14 miles ........... well done Bramble! :)  You are getting a free service with your new bike aren't you?  Most places do this now.

bramble

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »

No Penny, I had to pay for it. Got my bike last year from Arg** so just went to a little bike shop nearby for service. And a can of oil-stuff.
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »

I found an old fashioned oil can in a box from my late Dad's garage recently ....... bright red and grubby ..... probably older than I am!

How far are we going today?  Kettle is on if anyone gets this far  ;D

bramble

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2009, 04:41:09 PM »

Today is Wednesday so that is walking day. Tomorrow the bike. Hope to breach the 200 mile barrier tomorrow! Went along the canal yesterday in the direction of Edinburgh. Nice and flat!! Liked that! A lot!!
Bramble

Taz2

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2009, 04:46:15 PM »

You are making me feel very lazy Bramble  :)

Every day at work I promise myself that as soon as I get in I will get changed and go for my brisk two mile-ish walk but then, I get in, get changed, and suddenly don't feel that I have the energy to actually get going again.

I must try harder!!

Well done on the cycling  :spin:

Taz x

bramble

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

Taz,
The difference is that I don't work! Don't be too hard on yourself. And I live on my own so have no-one else to care for or do things for. I really don't think I would have the energy now to work but have wondered in the past whether work would have helped me these last few years. I do do voluntary work but the thought of a routine now drives me crazy!
Bramble

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »

I've done 10 miles a day for the last 4 days ... I love it but sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to fit everything in. 

Sorry you had to pay for your service.  I try and use independent shops for most things because I like to support small businesses and often you get little perks and better service from them too. 

Cooler cycling tonight so cycled faster!! ;D

Taz2

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2009, 06:35:51 AM »

Thanks Bramble - you are very kind  :)

Taz x  :thankyou:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82