Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 167574 times)

rebecca

Re: Cycling
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »

I have not got padded knickers but will look out for some if they are good - do they really cushion your private bits?  ::) ::)
Cycle to work told me this morning that they would phone around and try and locate a Raleigh Voyager bike for me in another shop - have not heard anything from them as yet!  :(

Maybe the credit crunch has made bike sales soar !!

Rebecca

bramble

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 02:25:48 PM »

Will let you know if the knickers work - I was a bit sore after the 16 miles so I expect to do a test run with them next week! Out tomorrow again but only got 11 miles to cover - hope it stays fair as the forecast is rain.
Fingers crossed that your bike is available sooner. It's a bit like Christmas not happening isn't it?
Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

People cycle up real hills in Wales, it made my thighs ache when we drove by in our car  ::)

bramble

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »

Well, 4 weeks on my bike, 120 miles under my wheels so I weighed myself today - 4 weeks ago I was 9st 10lbs - today I weighed in at ...............9st 10lbs!!! Gutted or what. hey ho, cycle on!
Bramble

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:35:13 PM by bramble »

rebecca

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »

Oh Bramble what a disappointment. You must feel alot fitter though and that is a huge bonus ;) ;) ;)
Do you think it would help if you cut down on carbs and fat? 

I wish I was your weight though, I started dieting i  March at 14st 2lb and today I weigh 12st 1lb if only I could get under the 12st I would have the drive to keep going. I have been stuck at this weight for a while now but I have had some stresy issues to deal with recently.  Hang in there Bramble I'm sure it will budge shortly.  :) :)

Rebecca

rebecca

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »

Just had a thought Bramble, do you think that you could have gained muscle weight ?

Rebecca

bramble

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »

Don't think so Rebecca - not in 4 weeks. And I still find it hard going. However, I am not downhearted - I shall keep going! 45 miles to do this week.......Let's hope the weather stays fair - it is not all that good in Scotland. Rain today in the morning! Don't think we are going to get the heatwave that's forecasted for down south.
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »

So forget the weight!  Enjoy the ride.  Enjoy that you are able to go that distance, it makes me weary thinking about anything above 8 miles a day!  Especially when it's hot.  Do you do the same route ......... perhaps you told us earlier and I haven't kept up  ;)!

4 weeks is a very short time scale in the over-all plan .......... My cycle is in our dining room but I haven't had the energy to lift it out ... yet!

rebecca

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »

What loverly scenery you must get in Scotland  8)
I envy you Bramble.... and all that real fresh air....My father is Scottish (from Hamilton) I hope to enjoy that part of the country next year as it is his 90th Birthday and I want to treat him to a trip back home.

Rebecca 

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »

I did 22 miles yesterday and it was hot and sticky I can tell you!  Loads of midges about but a drink and sarnie at a pub went down a treat!  That's the only time now that I eat bread .... when I'm out. 

Might have a ride late tonight when it cools off a bit!

bramble

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »

Penny,
I am very impressed with 22 miles - 16 has been my farthest up til now. And have you got padded cycling shorts/knickers?

Rebecca - I am very lucky where I live as I have a choice of woods with fairly bumpy tracks, the canal path or an old railway line which has been turned into a tarmaced cycle path. All out in the country and just minutes (by car!) from my front door!
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »

Can you do a 'round circle' or do you have to stop at a Pub before turning back to retrace your cycle path?  Let me know what time you are reaching the Pub ......... [cos the one here seems to have died a death  :-\ ] .......... a long iced orange juice would be loverley .......  ;)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2009, 09:20:14 AM »

Bramble - yes, wouldn't be without my padded cycling shorts (bargain from Lidl about 5 years ago, washed a and worn a million times and still like new).  I am counting the days until Lidl have the bike stuff in again because I want a new pair in next size down.  These nearly come up under my boobies now I've lost over 2 stones!

I have done about this distance a few times but don't think I'd do much more to be honest.  I feel fit at healthy at this distance and I reckon it's not bad for a woman in her mid-50's.  Don't want to make myself feel completely worn out! ;)

16 miles is excellent Bramble ... main thing is that you're out in the fresh air and you are enjoying cycling!  I'd do this a million times over than a gym session I tell you. ;)

bramble

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »

My cycle run was more like a nature ramble today - I saw lots of rabbits all sizes and colours even black, a sparrowhawk beside the path unfortunately munching on one of those rabbits, a deer and a red squirrel! No people apart from a very fast rider going the other way who didn't even say hello. Slower riders (and I don't mean slower than me as everyone is faster than me at the moment!) always say hello but the other ones just whizz past..........
Reckon there will be a queue outside Lidl the next time the offer is on. There sports stuff is really good value.
Bramble

bramble

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »

Well that is week 5 completed now - 170 miles done since I started. Can't believe I have done that much already. That was 45 miles in week 5 and the same for the next 3 weeks. The cycle track was very busy this morning - lots of people walking, running, pushing prams, cycling and a whole posse of foreign kids heading west.
Bramble
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 82