Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 163775 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cycling
« Reply #510 on: July 01, 2018, 02:11:58 PM »

No point appealing.  Drags it on too long.  G should be leader.

Two hoots

« Reply #511 on: July 02, 2018, 12:35:45 PM »

The case against Froome has been dropped, I'm relieved but think he is still going to have a dark cloud over him from fans and media.

:sigh:

CLKD

« Reply #512 on: July 02, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »

Doubt it.  Cycling World moves on - I couldn't find any articles yesterday that he had been dropped ......... other than the Governing Body of le Tour insisting that they have the option of not accepting a cyclist licence to race.

Need to do a Very Big Shop ........... fill the freezer with pizza, choc-ices etc.  ;)

Two hoots

« Reply #513 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:04 PM »

Buy lots of bread and make a replica of alpe d'huez in sandwiches to see you through the 3 weeks  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #514 on: July 02, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »

:clapping:    :lol:

CLKD

« Reply #515 on: July 07, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »

It's on.  Bright  :sunny:.  Lots of salt flats  :-\.  People lining the streets, cheering.  Scenery so far lovely.  Feet up .......... men in Lycra, what's not to like  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #516 on: July 07, 2018, 03:59:48 PM »

:o what a farce at the finish  ::) wonder how many will start at noon tomorrow!

Shadyglade

« Reply #517 on: July 09, 2018, 12:49:37 PM »

Team time trial starts just after two.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes things up.   :scottie:

CLKD

« Reply #518 on: July 09, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »

Team Sky went 2nd.  Looks very very hot  :o

Two hoots

« Reply #519 on: July 16, 2018, 08:23:16 AM »

Arrived home yesterday afternoon after a really lovely cruise to Norway, the ship showed live football and Wimbledon but no cycling  ???

So far I have watched the cobbled sections from yesterday, because we go to watch Paris - Roubaix we wanted to see as much as we could live so within 2 minutes of getting the suitcases in we had the tv on  ;D then we watched some if the weeks highlight programmes last night.

So many crashes yesterday it's a good thing today is a rest day so they can have a rest  ::) . Poor Richie Porte he has no luck at the Tour, the peloton is shrinking rapidly and they haven't reached the mountains yet, we are keeping our fingers crossed for Geraint he's doing a great job so far but we have been wondering if he is actually the Sky number 1 rider and not Froome  ? ????????

Also good to see Degenkolb win a stage after the awful training accident he was involved in.

Shadyglade

« Reply #520 on: July 16, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »

Wasn't that just hellish yesterday.  I wonder if any of the teams will complain as it was just sooo dangerous.

CLKD

« Reply #521 on: July 16, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »

They didn't have to race ;-).  It is part of the Grand Tour and if they want to compete in the others, i.e. Giro and le Tour, they have to do the cobbles.  Most of them have at some time, done them previously and at least it wasn't raining.  Attrition though from start to finish, I don't know if Richie was involved with a specator?  :-\ ...........

G is No 2 unless it's obvious that he can be pushed forwards ;-).  They are keeping their plans close 2 their chests.  Early start in the morning!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

CLKD

« Reply #522 on: July 17, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »

Feet up.  Girls climbing the Alps out of Annecy.  Sunshine.  Fab scenery ........ men begin later  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #523 on: July 17, 2018, 10:08:24 AM »

Beautiful part of France, although I've not visited it's on the list of places to go along with Carcasonne and Sete.

Special day today I have sons masters graduation this afternoon so yet again it's the highlights programme for me  :)

CLKD

« Reply #524 on: July 17, 2018, 10:11:13 AM »

:congrats:  hat?  Camera?  Beaming smile ..........

DH went to Annecy in the year Bradley Wiggins won.  [long story short].  He thinks that I would enjoy the area  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 82