Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 166873 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cycling
« Reply #465 on: March 17, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »

Do you think that racing is telling Cav something  ;D - if I were his Wife, I certainly would be  :beat:

Perhaps he should join his pal Cal Cructhloe and take up MotoGP  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »

That young Belgian had a heart attack that took him to the ground, was probably dead by the time he hit soil.  Doing what he enjoyed.

Two hoots

« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2018, 05:40:38 PM »

I feel so sorry for his family and friends  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2018, 06:25:36 PM »

It's those left behind that will be sad.   Someone once told me that sport is good for us  :-\  ::).

Two hoots

« Reply #469 on: May 03, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »

Le tour of Yorkshire starts today, it's on ITV 4  ;D I've got a good reason to sit and watch it all, my sons friend got a late call up to ride  :) his name is Ed Laverack so I'll be watching out for him 

:clapping:

CLKD

« Reply #470 on: May 04, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »

What colour is he wearing ?  Lovely day for them to start ....... we will be watching the Hi-lights. 

I see that Victoria Pendleton has abandoned her Everest attempt ......... or is that her attempt on Everest  :-\

Two hoots

« Reply #471 on: May 04, 2018, 05:00:28 PM »

He's riding for JLT and his number is 124, we've caught glimpses of him towards the back of the peloton but he's still in there  ;D

Scott Davies used to ride in the local cycling club time trials but cycled for a different club but they all know each other  :)

Amazing crowds watching  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #472 on: May 04, 2018, 06:31:17 PM »

Have you seen any of the Giro d'Italia - from Israel  :-\ and Froomie fell in the out-ride !  :o but is now out on the Time Trial.  'scrubs up well' said the commentator, well yep - that's how they clean their grazes/wounds: with a scrubbing brush  :o

Two hoots

« Reply #473 on: May 04, 2018, 07:16:31 PM »

I saw the photo of Froomes cuts and scrapes, apparently they sting when the riders shower  :o and of course if they roll over in bed onto them  :o

I'm not sure what sort of reception Froome will get with the asthma pump fiasco still up in the air, they don't half drag out these decisions  :(

CLKD

« Reply #474 on: May 04, 2018, 07:34:50 PM »

Yep.  Scrubbing brush to get the gravel out which apparently, stops infection. Then an iced bath  :o.

As for these drug issues, if other Teams really thought that cyclists were guilty but allowed to continue, they would pull their Teams.  Any one suspect has to continue training in case they are found 'not guilty' and racing is part of that training.  I believe that even taking Aspirin is enhancement and certainly ABs are.   If one is ill enough to need ABs ???

Also, I looked at the local FaceBook page for our village - a 'photo of a cyclist who has sustained a fracture cheek bone and pelvis due to a 9" deep pothole into which his wheel turned ........ OUCH!

Two hoots

« Reply #475 on: May 05, 2018, 10:13:05 AM »

A colleague of my sister was out on his bike, he hit a pothole and landed face first  :o he broke his front teeth and the bones holding them in, for a while he had no teeth but now he's got false teeth. The problem is because the bone was so broken there is nothing to put implants into so he might have to have the false teeth permanently  :(

Now that the weather has improved my better half says he has to swerve around dogs on the cycling path and the odd squirrel that darts in front of him  ???

CLKD

« Reply #476 on: May 05, 2018, 02:38:29 PM »

Did the bloke sue the Council?  It's time that photos of the afflicted are placed beside each pothole  :bang: :bang: :bang: apparently it's costing Councils more to pay out compensation than it would to fill them in! 

Two hoots

« Reply #477 on: May 05, 2018, 04:15:07 PM »

As far as I know he is in contact with a solicitor who is helping with a claim.

Really enjoying the tour le Yorkshire so until it ends I'm only watching the highlights show on the Giro, next week I'll start watching more Giro  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #478 on: May 05, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »

I'm in the garden with eye on the clock!  Too much to see, so little time - bet the cyclists have been roasting across Yorkshire ;-)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #479 on: May 05, 2018, 06:27:51 PM »

I havent ridden my bike for about 18 months as I had a torn meniscus and I was in agony for months.  My son serviced it for me yesterday and I did a short bike ride just to see if my knee was OK and it was so I plan to build up gradually again. 
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 82