Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Puppies!!!  (Read 6860 times)

jaycee

Re: Puppies!!!
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2020, 11:46:09 AM »

I questioned someone today about the prices,and the reason given was because if someone paid £2000 the dogs would have a good home, so money talks ?  in other words if you can't pay that price you are going to abuse/ill treat or sell on, what an insult to real dog lovers
Only got to look at KP and be proved wrong

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2020, 10:02:13 PM »

I had that said to me years++ ago - I pointed out that it doesn't matter the cost, pup/kittens end up in rescue when owners can't cope.  Of course, every breeder should have a returns policy!!

jaypo

« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2020, 08:57:53 AM »

Yet another IDIOT who bought a Labrador puppy from someone in a car park and the pup died 12 hours later from parvo,poor little mite

CLKD

« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2020, 11:15:14 AM »

wonder what he paid for the pup?  Unregistered, no microchip, vet check ..........

jaypo

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2020, 11:19:57 AM »

It breaks my heart clkd,there was a picture in the newspaper with the man cuddling this tiny pup,I doubt it was even old enough to be away from it's mum,poor little thing,after all the news stories about being careful where you buy pups from,why do people still buy them this way,anyone with half a brain wouldn't meet someone in a car park to pick up a puppy  :'( :'(

CLKD

« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2020, 11:43:21 AM »

I know someone who did. In the 1990s she wanted to breed what was popular via Crufts ..... so met a man in a lay-by and bought a pup unseen.  It was quite a nasty terrier but she bred from it.  She then went onto the next 'popular' breed ......... where were the  UK Kennel Club in all that?

jaypo

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2020, 07:33:19 AM »

So sad this morning,watched footage of cctv of a woman dumping her old retriever near woods,the dog thought it was just going for a walk,wagging it's tail,she led it into the wood a bit,then ran back to her car and drove off  :'( people never fail to disgust me.Least they got the dog and I think they have got her as the footage clearly shows her number plate

CLKD

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2020, 07:35:59 AM »

:'( why  :'( ........... too scared to take it to the Vet for the final needle  :-\ and the springers dumped in a cardboard box: 1 dead two seriously ill - microchipped in Hungary  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2020, 07:40:13 AM »

It didn't look poorly,poor old thing,in it's final years,I really HATE these people  >:( why do people dump puppies? Even if they leave them at someone's door AT THE VERY LEAST,then they have a chance

CLKD

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2020, 07:41:44 AM »

These springers were probably destined for a quick sale puppy market, for those who don't want to pay breeders' prices.  I hate to think what conditions they have come from  >:( and quite honestly, the Vet should put them to sleep.  Unless they find the owner in Hungary there isn't a hope in hell of a prosecution.  So much for UK Border Control  >:(

:'(. puppies didn't survive  :'(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:04:40 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2020, 07:42:11 AM »

Here we go again,Cornish locals had to call the police because someone left their two dogs in the car whilst they went to the beach,the temperature? 35!!!

CLKD

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »

??  Went to a beach where dogs aren't allowed and ..........  :bang: :bang: :bang:  My husband knew where he was in the pack: dog first, me, 3 cats ........... goldfish, stick insects ............

CLKD

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2020, 05:06:58 PM »

Apparently the BBC are planning on releasing a programme which follows young dog breeders as they build up their business.  Hummmm .........  as if we don't have enough dogs in rescue  :-\

getting_old

« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »

There is a petition about that programme, hope it's OK to post the link https://www.change.org/p/bbc-stop-the-bbc-producing-new-program-will-my-puppies-make-me-rich?redirect=false

CLKD

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2020, 10:07:07 AM »

Morning.  That's how I found out, so I signed. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]