Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Throat worry  (Read 717 times)

marge

Re: Throat worry
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 08:57:05 PM »

Sorry, my reply was meant for Patsie and her throat issues

Donnadoobie

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 07:02:01 AM »

Glad to hear your throat is feeling better Marge.

I still have issues.  Still have a phlegmy throat and weird feeling.  Have tried Omeprazole, Guardium (increased my resting heart rate) nasal spray, antihistamine.  Also bought something called Gastro soothe, and silicogel and using Gaviscon.  no change.  feel it could be throat tension.  after almost 6 months it would have got worse if was something bad right?

incidentally, since coming off the Omeprazole and Guardiam, I am more aware of very mild reflux.  I have been reading a bit about stopping them and it says that it can make acid worse for a few weeks, as it has a rebound effect.  It has made me very aware of every gastric, throat sensation.

Think I may give it a couple more weeks and then go back to the GP.  I feel as if I will never feel normal again.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »

I'm cleaning my throat again this morning though not during the night when laying down  :-\ so have taken another omeparzolole [sp] this morning.  There is a risk of rebound acid as the capsule deadens it ......... 4 me it's like something is stuck that needs to be coughed up.

Donnadoobie - have the symptoms become worse?
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Patsie

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 01:20:54 PM »

After two weeks of being on lansaprazole (30mg a day) my throat only hurts on one side when I swallow and also sometimes gives me pain in my ear.  it's weird I don't know whether my anxiety is making the symptoms worse or not. 

I try not to think about it and try to ignore the pain but easier said than done.  Have a follow up with doc in 2 weeks so will see what he says - never know I may actually get a face to face appointment and may even have my throat looked at!!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2020, 03:19:58 PM »

My throat is sore if I sleep with gob wide open which apparently I do  ::)

I added another capsule this morning but still clearing my throat  >:(
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

marge

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 04:42:10 PM »

Pstsie, when l had my throat problems, my ear was affected too. I was diagnosed with post nasal drip.
Pages: 1 [2]