Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1401 times)

Lucie49

Hello
« on: June 10, 2020, 05:51:50 PM »

I'm a new member, my doctor pointed me in your direction to help me research. I'm just 50....but I am completely irrational and angry for around 5 days every  3 weeks. In a nutshell I'm a bitch. I then cry and hide away. Its all directed at my poor husband. Anyone have any alternative herbal remedies that I could try?

sheila99

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 09:08:42 PM »

Have you considered hrt? It's a personal decision but do make it an informed choice. My life was hardly worth living without it though you may be coping better than I did.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 09:47:46 PM »

Also print off 'hints for husbands' from the Forum and hand to him to read ;-)

As long as he is aware that it isn't [in the main] his fault - maybe have a word that he can throw at you when you are OTT.  As he ducks.  Worked for us.

Eating regularly is important too to stop the body becoming hungry. Think of a toddler being pushed around a store at lunch time?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 09:33:35 AM »

Hi.
My sister in law used Wild Yam. Said it worked for her. 🤷‍♀️
You've gotta go a long way to beat me being a bitch I can tell you. 😆
HRT sorted that out for me, what Sheila said was the same for me, my life wasn't worth living. HRT gave me my life back. No doubt about it!
There's loads of natural stuff to try if that's the route you want to take, good luck with it, let us know how your getting on.
Xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 04:59:23 PM »

Hello Lucie49 and welcome to the forum.

Ah, the mood swings, how I wish they would just b@gg#r off lol.

Lots of good advice from the ladies here and there is an alternatives section to look at for non HRT remedies.

Take care and keep pos9.

K.

Kas

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 11:42:20 AM »

Hi Lucie,
Welcome to the oracle of everything Menopausal, it's wonderful.
I'm 55,menopausal and can't take artificial hormones (oh Joy!!) but have found that some essential oils help. I felt like I wanted kill someone at the weekend because of the hormones, but have found that Clary Sage oil blend helps when applied across the lower abdomen. For me it takes away the anger and calms me down.
My sister put me onto Doterra oils and I find they help tremendously, that's where I got my Clary Sage oil. Bergamot helps with anxiety which I wouldn't be without now.

Hope this helps :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 11:55:21 AM »

Oh rages - we have a thread here about that  ::)

PMT sent me totally dolllaly!  Have you printed off 'hints for husbands' from the Forum? 

Eating regularly can ease PMT as recommended by the National Association for Premenstrual Syndrome [NAPS].  Every 3 hours 24/7.  Stops that awful nausea is nothing else and can help with anxiety.

DH knew when my period was due B4 I did, every month, because I would turn into a monster who threw items (though nowt precious).

Charlie47

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 07:43:12 PM »

Hi, I am 47 and I believe I have been peri menopausal for at least two years, I am suffering from extreme PMT at least three days before my period where I am so irrational, it feels like how I was as a teenager, so emotional and angry, the boob aches and palpitations, sweats and your brain not being able to switch off, not sleeping, your heart rushing in your ears, irritability to noise and people,I have had three periods in ten weeks, the last one being so stressful before and the bleeding lasting two days, I have been reading other people's experiences and I am so scared to even consider HRT as I am so hormone sensitive, the DEPO injection nearly sent me mad, I am currently stuck in Spain but back in UK next week so will see a doctor, my husband is being so unsupportive, will not even acknowledge the problem? Not sure what to do?

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 07:50:29 PM »

Hi Charlie47 - sorry but it seems that your post was missed yesterday which sometimes happens.

Sorry to hear of your mood swings. PMT can really worsen in peri and there are lots of us on here who identify with your feelings -me included! I'm sorry that the DEPO injection wasn't a good experience for you. Do you mind sharing what you hoped to get from it and how long ago you had it.

As regards to HRT (which sorted me out) it can take a while to find the right one if you decide to go down that route but there are different types available. Do you have any other meno symptoms such as hot flushes, vaginal dryness or is it "just" the mood swings and frequent periods?

You might like to start a new thread introducing yourself under New Members where more of us will see it and welcome you.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Missizz

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 06:44:19 AM »

Hi, I am 47 and I believe I have been peri menopausal for at least two years, I am suffering from extreme PMT at least three days before my period where I am so irrational, it feels like how I was as a teenager, so emotional and angry, the boob aches and palpitations, sweats and your brain not being able to switch off, not sleeping, your heart rushing in your ears, irritability to noise and people,I have had three periods in ten weeks, the last one being so stressful before and the bleeding lasting two days, I have been reading other people's experiences and I am so scared to even consider HRT as I am so hormone sensitive, the DEPO injection nearly sent me mad, I am currently stuck in Spain but back in UK next week so will see a doctor, my husband is being so unsupportive, will not even acknowledge the problem? Not sure what to do?
Hi Charlie,
I'm new here too, and you sound like me! I'm 45, and believe I'm peri meni for about 4yrs now. Infrequent periods sometimes just 1 in 2-3 months then a double light one, loss of libido (which I'm blaming on peri) and a husband who doesn't believe in peri/symptoms. I don't know what to do- do I seek treatment now or am I just imagining things. I just wanted to Say you?re not alone  :)

Kas

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 12:04:04 PM »

Hi Charlie & Missizz,

Welcome to the oracle of all things meno.I am hormone sensitive like you Charlie and have been since I was 21. Now 55 and now in full menopause. When peri, my doctor @ the time put me on AD's, low dosage fluxetine, which I was sceptical about but my aunt told me that this would help balance out the serotonin, as clearly that wasn't helping my symptoms - mood swings,weight gain, anxiety, tearful.. and the list goes on.
The dosage was upped when I had a complete breakdown at work ( when I hit 50) but I worked at coming off them 3 years ago.
I manage all my symptoms now with essential oils and I know people are sceptical, but, when HRT isn't an option, you'll try anything, and for me these work.
Bergamot is good for anxiety (applied to your the soles of your feet)and clary sage for the sweats and abdominal cramps. Also have a look on here for alternative therapies to help manage the symptoms.

There is a light at the end of your tunnel, and all the ladies on here will help you through this.
take care :)