Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Zoos to reopen  (Read 1636 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Zoos to reopen
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:39:56 AM »

:-*Zoos, safari parks and drive-in cinemas are set to reopen in England from Monday, the PM is due to announce.

Boris Johnson is expected to outline the latest step in the easing of the coronavirus lockdown at Wednesday's daily briefing.

He will say the outdoor attractions can reopen as long as they follow social distancing rules.

Some zoos, including Chester Zoo and London Zoo, have reported financial struggles during the pandemic.

A number of Tory MPs and the PM's father, Stanley Johnson, have been calling for zoos to reopen to ensure they survive the crisis.

:scottie: :bouncing:

CLKD

Re: Zoos to reopen
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »

There is a lovely photo on London/Whipsnade Zoo web-site of a keeper putting down a distancing marker on the floor and a lioness watching: no sign of glass between them  ;D and it could make a good 'caption photo'. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 04:02:51 PM »

Opening up Monday I think. 😊

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 05:28:44 PM »

Some are complaining that the Government hasn't given them enough time  :o  :-\ WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING  :cuss: ......

I will have a look C at our 3 nearest collections next week and mayB book  :-*. Had I been single and lived closer I would have offered my services free, could have slept in camper  ;).  I don't like cooking but would be happy chopping veg for the orang utans  ;D

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 06:25:54 PM »

Chester Zoo  is reopening on Monday.

Lanzalover x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:53:44 PM »

:bouncing: :ola:  but without there being anywhere to stay can't get there.  YET  8)